Eric Lasagna

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

12 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So hear me out here...remember when Avengers was about to come out and people joked on here that the movie would make about what all the individual solo movies made combined and then it basically did around that and blew everyone away? 319 + 181 + 176 =676

That was BKB who had Sybil Trelawney moments and that was one of them. That's what people said. I came to this forum sometime before he was banned so I know who he is but didn't witness the moment of divination. But I've heard of it many times. So if your number was inspired by a divine inner voice...

1003 billion domestic

will happen:ohmygod:

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Eric Osborn said:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see this huge market for people going out to the theaters to see a TV show specifically. If you want to watch Boba Fett or Hawkeye or Stranger Things or Game of Thrones, chances are you already own Disney+/Netflix/HBO. So outside of diehard fans, wouldn't most people just choose to watch it at home free with their subscription than leaving their homes and paying 15 bucks on the big screen?

There is actually a market for it and a built in audience that would eat it up.  I've seen them eat it up.  

• Like 1

*sees score discussion*

the best Giacchino scores are his Pixar stuff and his Apes scores. The Spider-Man and Rogue One scores are among his worst

(not counting TV or video game work)

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Menor said:

Fanbase rush limits the legs no matter how good the WOM is, I think legs here are still pretty uncertain. 

EG legs were hurt by Tony's death and Cap retiring. No such issues with NWH, in fact it's similar to SW7 with strong nostalgia. I'm expecting crazy legs for an uber opener, 3+ multi. 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

But they have expanded into the fighting/wrestling sporting events, the foreign films, and the gaming now.  My Cinemarks (except this week) routinely only use about 9 screens for Hollywood films now, and save 3 for "other" product, and it is serving them very well.  And when they have the mega-blockbuster (like this weekend), they can just drop those items for the week.

It used to be they only booked foreign films from India, but now they have also moved into Japanese product (all subbed or dubbed)...

I know they have and is why I mentioned it.  What I am trying to say is none of that will make a real impact long term.  Cinemark is losing money on it.  

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

EG legs were hurt by Tony's death and Cap retiring. No such issues with NWH, in fact it's similar to SW7 with strong nostalgia. I'm expecting crazy legs for an uber opener, 3+ multi. 

people liked having an ending lol. The only thing that “hurt” Endgame’s legs was a 350m OW 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

*sees score discussion*

the best Giacchino scores are his Pixar stuff and his Apes scores. The Spider-Man and Rogue One scores are among his worst

(not counting TV or video game work)

Really dig Inside out’s score especially track 22 ‘tracking down sadness.’

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I'm hopeful of this. Add in the fact that there's at least a relatively decent segment of the population who want to see it but aren't "uber nerds" and don't want to be in huge crowd. They will stretch the legs out over the next 2 weeks for sure. 

Idk what this thing will do but I will lose faith in humanity if it has worse legs than TROS :spidey:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1