Eric the Ape

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see this huge market for people going out to the theaters to see a TV show specifically. If you want to watch Boba Fett or Hawkeye or Stranger Things or Game of Thrones, chances are you already own Disney+/Netflix/HBO. So outside of diehard fans, wouldn't most people just choose to watch it at home free with their subscription than leaving their homes and paying 15 bucks on the big screen?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, snarkmachine said:

Giacchino's Spiderman work is pretty good, but his score for LOST is untouchable. 

He made some amazing music that I don’t think he’s ever topped since. Although I do love his scores for Let Me In and DOTPOTA. Have you ever heard his Alias score? That was his first big show and he doesn’t do any music like that anymore that I’ve personally heard. I actually bought the cds for his score to that show and I had never done that before in my life at that time. Although I would’ve bought Christophe Beck’s Buffy score on CD if it had been available. Those 2 composers on those 2 shows really shaped my music taste for film and tv.

40 minutes ago, YourMother said:

To be fair all of those were better mentors and had better dynamics for drama than Iron Man. 

You didn't get any feels when Peter died in Tony's arms or when he hugged him when he was back?

I also thought it was fun to see Parker help Tony during the airport battle.

And "if you're nothing without the suit then you shouldn't have it" was a classic line.

Their banter in Infinity War?

To each their own, I guess.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You didn't get any feels when Peter died in Tony's arms or when he hugged him when he was back?

I also thought it was fun to see Parker help Tony during the airport battle.

And "if you're nothing without the suit then you shouldn't have it" was a classic line.

Their banter in Infinity War?

To each their own, I guess.

Not really, no. I’ve seen the bond done between an inexperienced Spider-Man and a veteran hero done better in the year as Infinity War. Then again I do think Iron Man is easily the least likable or interesting Avenger post IM3.

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Not really, no. I’ve seen the bond done between an inexperienced Spider-Man and a veteran hero done better in the year as Infinity War. Then again I do think Iron Man is easily the least likable or interesting Avenger post IM3.

Nah, not even close.

Let alone when he was the best thing out of Civil War and Endgame.

Edited by Fox20

2 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

If it opens over $240m, what's stopping it from reaching $800m? IMO we have the first movie to land between $1.7 and $2 billion. 

Nothing! Next weekend Christmas boost, third weekend new year boost, huge holiday weekdays for 3 weeks, no new release first week in January, fantastic WOM from fans, excellent reviews. 

and covid clearly isn’t impacting this particular film in any way. I think it’ll be closer to $900m tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Nothing! Next weekend Christmas boost, third weekend new year boost, huge holiday weekdays for 3 weeks, no new release first week in January, fantastic WOM from fans, excellent reviews. 

and covid clearly isn’t impacting this particular film in any way. I think it’ll be closer to $900m tbh. 

Fanbase rush limits the legs no matter how good the WOM is, I think legs here are still pretty uncertain. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Just realised Scream won’t be #1 because Spider-Man’s 5th weekend will probably still be $60m+

FML, but congrats to Sony lol

Don’t think you’ll need to worry about that. A 60M+ 5th weekend would require the most ridiculous legs ever. NWH would probably be the DOM highest grossing movie of all time by then with those legs lol

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Fanbase rush limits the legs no matter how good the WOM is, I think legs here are still pretty uncertain. 

why wouldn’t they be comparable to Force Awakens and Endgame. This is having similar reactions. Repeat viewings will be through the roof. 

Just now, Inceptionzq said:

Don’t think you’ll need to worry about that. A 60M+ 5th weekend would require the most ridiculous legs ever. NWH would probably be the DOM highest grossing movie of all time by then with those legs lol

True, lol. That was just a quick glance at drops for films with a similar release date, sorry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

why wouldn’t they be comparable to Force Awakens and Endgame. This is having similar reactions. Repeat viewings will be through the roof. 

Endgame is what I'm thinking of, had bad legs despite stellar WOM because everyone interested wanted to see it as soon as possible.

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

The point is there will be holiday weeks, increase the chance people will watch it again and again if the movie has amazing WOM.

What people will do in holidays? Going to the cinema is one of the activities.

None of other Marvel movies were released in December to have this opportunity. So it happened that the legs were not good despite good WOM.

Edited by Danhjpn
  • Like 1