Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

2 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Right now, what are the expectations for Moonfall's opening weekend?

In the $10-15M range. Reviews are likely to be lousy and disaster movies are no longer the hot items they were in the 90s or even the 2000s.

• Thanks 1

Ontario theatres will now be allowed to have Snacks and drinks. Originally snacks were not going to be allowed till feb 21(when theatres will be allowed 100 percent capacity) , however they are allowing it starting monday. Reason why I mention this may have a positive effect on attendance going forward for obvious reasons. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I also hate to even mention this and keep it here, but greater than zero chance that The Batman could move to July, Thor to November and Black Panther to 2023.  We will know very soon if there is a domino effect.  

Personally been expecting a BP2 move simply because of the shooting delays.  Just don't think there's enough time to get it ready by November, so that moving is expected.

Others?  Well.... Yeah.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I also hate to even mention this and keep it here, but greater than zero chance that The Batman could move to July, Thor to November and Black Panther to 2023.  We will know very soon if there is a domino effect.  

I'm confused. Are you saying there's a possibility The Batman could move to July?

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Why in the blue fuck would you move any of those sans BP2 which a lot have expected? 

• Like 2

Black Panther 2 wouldn't be delayed so much as it would be swapped in a worst case scenario. The Marvels has already concluded filming and is almost a year away from its currently intended release date (though it was supposed to open in that November spot at one point).

Think it’s a bad move for WB to move Batman. The movie is at peak hype and has a pretty clear schedule. I’m not sure why it’s even being discussed after how NWH did. Not saying it’s doing those numbers just saying people are more then fine going to movies if it’s a movie they wanna see. 

• Like 2

Just now, cax16 said:

Think it’s a bad move for WB to move Batman. The movie is at peak hype and has a pretty clear schedule. I’m not sure why it’s even being discussed after how NWH did. Not saying it’s doing those numbers just saying people are more then fine going to movies if it’s a movie they wanna see. 

Maybe they have some internal tracking

Just now, Maggie said:

Maybe they have some internal tracking

Maybe, guess we’ll know soon enough what they’re gonna do. But it’s been marketed a lot already so it seems like a big waste of money as well. 

• Like 1