Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

Still a decent bit of runway to change course but the last week of Flash sales looks to me like indicating the same range as d1 — 11-14ish

Edited by Legions of the Galaxy

19 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Why are you choosing to compare to The Batman, a character who has a massive fanbase including Pattinson fans, and not Black Adam and Shazam?

Maybe because the movie has 2 Batmans in it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Maybe because the movie has 2 Batmans in it.

Oh so you think Flash will open to half of The Batman? Because that's what pre-sales are saying.

Civil War had The Avengers and Spider-Man. It didn't make it an Avengers level movie

• Like 1

The Boogeyman is gonna mega bomb, isn't it?

You all wasting time with these big dumb blockbusters and I just want to know more about the small things in life like The Boogeyman and No Hard Feelings.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Oh so you think Flash will open to half of The Batman? Because that's what pre-sales are saying.

Civil War had The Avengers and Spider-Man. It didn't make it an Avengers level movie

Personally I think it will open with 100M+
Wonder Woman was tracking at 65M 3 weeks before the movie was out 
and had 11M thursday preview which led to a 103M OW. 
I believe The Flash will do more than 11M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

16 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

I'm not sure what point you're making, as Civil War opened to almost what Age of Ultron made its opening weekend the year earlier. From a tracking perspective, it absolutely would have been used as one of the main comparisons.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Flash likely needs more like 17 or atleast 16 for 100M+, which...it isn't really pacing towards, but perhaps pace will get better when spiderverse is out of the way

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Boogeyman is gonna mega bomb, isn't it?

You all wasting time with these big dumb blockbusters and I just want to know more about the small things in life like The Boogeyman and No Hard Feelings.

Is it true The Boogeyman cost $40 million?

8 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Flash likely needs more like 17 or atleast 16 for 100M+, which...it isn't really pacing towards, but perhaps pace will get better when spiderverse is out of the way

I think the Sunday hold will be very strong given it's Father's Day and many are off the following Monday for Juneteenth. I think it could get there with 14M~ Thursday. Friday proper will be inflated too as we're into summer days by 6/16.

• Like 2

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

I think the Sunday hold will be very strong given it's Father's Day and many are off the following Monday for Juneteenth. I think it could get there with 14M~ Thursday. Friday proper will be inflated too as we're into summer days by 6/16.

7.2x seems way too high for a summer cbm imho, especially one that has a batman in it, personally, and what little fri-sun sales were posted didn't really seem particularly spectacular compared to thursday either at the moment

• Like 3

TMobile deal is up and my 2 Atom Cinemarks do not yet have final sets...these 2 things do not go together:)...

PS - Remember codes can be used through Sunday, so the sales will go up today, but will keep backloading the weekend all week...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

To my knowledge yes, but I guess we will know for sure over the weekend.

46 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I agree. Old audiences wanting to see Keaton/Reeve can become what the female demo was for Wonder Woman.

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

8 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Why would they spend that amount on a streaming movie? Evil Dead Rise and Smile both look like they cost much more to

make.

I think that’s the pre tax-credit number someone got from a location website. But yeh we’ll find out tomorrow probably.  

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

What is Flash’s numbers in comparison to Top Gun Maverick?

Only comp I can find is Porthos.

17 days before release,

Top Gun sold 223 tickets for a total of 3,387 tickets

vs

Flash 72 tickets sold for a total of 1,082. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Only comp I can find is Porthos.

17 days before release,

Top Gun sold 223 tickets for a total of 3,387 tickets

vs

Flash 72 tickets sold for a total of 1,082. 

TGM overindexed huge in sancto iirc.

• Like 1

Saying Flash will get huge walk ups that will make up for weaker presales seems like wishful thinking. Indy 5 is a better example of a film that should get huge walk ups. Yet people seem to have written that one off from presales 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Saying Flash will get huge walk ups that will make up for weaker presales seems like wishful thinking. Indy 5 is a better example of a film that should get huge walk ups. Yet people seem to have written that one off from presales 

But the reactions for Indy 5 were mixed to negative unlike The Flash.

• Like 1