Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

27 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

GB:A seem doing ok with week-to-week growth, setting up some great hold throughout depending the showtimes are not heavily taken away from. Will it retain this many theaters location over the holiday?  

Doesn't look like it in my area. My two local Regals have one showing each on the 24th super early in the day, and then are just gone completely once Christmas Day hits, with Encanto being the oldest film of the bunch in those locations.

37 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I could see some pretty great late legs if Quebec reopens theaters in like, mid-late January or something. 

Lots of demand unable to be met here. Even if it's only a few million $, by the end of a movie's run, a few million $ can result in big week-to-week % change

Add in the rest of Canada if any other Province also closes theaters during the holidays and I could see like $10M boost in late legs

Surpeme Lord Legault gonna keep you guys lockdown for a while. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

Any chance Wednesday stays relatively stable as more people are finishing up work for the year?

Or are we thinking that TM:R is gonna take a bite?

could go up by a tiny bit. Just looked at Force Awakens's first Wednesday.

23 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Matrix RT verified ratings doesn't seem good.

I could only detect one single Verified Audience review  (5/5) . :thinking:
The rest are All Audience reviews (from HBO Max Watchers I guess?) and they are strange - either (very) good or (very) bad.

Disney/20th Century clearly weren't confident in The King's Man hence why it's been delayed so many times. 

I know he's directed both Kick-Ass and X-Men: First Class but I'd love to see Matthew Vaughn direct Nemesis which by the same writer as Kick-Ass and Kingsman.

1 hour ago, Torontofan said:

Surpeme Lord Legault gonna keep you guys lockdown for a while. 

Yeah and also supreme leader Ford is going to follow suit and shut us down here in ontario.

I can' even tell you exactly how the speech is going to start because every one of them starts the same way,

"Really hate to do this folks but it's for the greater good and to keep people safe."

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

Any chance Wednesday stays relatively stable as more people are finishing up work for the year?

Or are we thinking that TM:R is gonna take a bite?

It should drop today by maybe 8-10%

51 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Wasn't that only up against chipmunks?

And Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler also counterprogrammed against Star Wars and made a respectable $87 Million total at the box office. Daddy’s Home and Joy both released the next week and were even bigger hits.

• Like 1