Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

We can buy Chelsea for a 3.6B rubles. We should try to make that offer :hahaha:

@Jake Gittes will have to help us with Russian contract law, but I have enough experience with contracts and sales I could probably handle the rest. We should make sure we do it like Green Bay and all the users are shareholders. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Just need to get @4815162342 to finally pull the trigger and get that next Powerball jackpot. 👍

I mean I'd prefer to use my winnings to buy a baseball team since it's such a low value investment according to Manfred, so I should get a great deal

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why did A24 completely dump After Yang?

they've been in shambles the last few years. After Yang premiered Cannes 2021 yet was held off for 2022, while Cmon Cmon really flopped in the fall and Souvenir went nowhere. With so far their only wide theatrical releases scheduled being X, Everything Everywhere, and Men..they seem to be more interested in selling genre/horror because they're easier sells for their brand? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Can't they buy a good team? 

Yes something like ... i dont know ... Arsenal? Queens Park Rangers?

Edited by Brainbug

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

@Mods, do we have the money to buy Chelsea?

:hahaha:

I thought it about but decided to buy $250m worth of THE BATMAN tickets for the weekend. You guys are in for quite the surprise...

Edited by excel1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

59 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

they've been in shambles the last few years. After Yang premiered Cannes 2021 yet was held off for 2022, while Cmon Cmon really flopped in the fall and Souvenir went nowhere. With so far their only wide theatrical releases scheduled being X, Everything Everywhere, and Men..they seem to be more interested in selling genre/horror because they're easier sells for their brand? 

I'm guessing the releases they put actual effort into will be limited to [the most mainstream-friendly among] their genre films (After Yang could have been sold as something more dramatic and genre-y if they wanted to cherry-pick like that), and then the film or two they push for awards contention every year. Everything else will get crumbs, which isn't particularly new for A24, they completely ignore their releases all the time. But if I were a director/producer of a film, the biggest advantage of going with A24 would be that they have the resources that most indie distributors lack to market and release films. If they're just going to dump my movie on a TV service few people use, and then only start to half-heartedly market my film on social media a couple days before it releases, I would have rather just sent my film to a smaller distributor that might not have the resources but at least cares a little bit. If After Yang's release doesn't feel much different than Columbus' (which hardly HAD a distributor, its release was cobbled together with funds from a Sundance grant or something like that), I don't think that looks great for A24.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Chelsea are traaaaaaaaash. I can't decide who sucks more, them or Spurs

Chelsea being a former mid to lower table team brought and propped up by dirty Russian oil money make Spurs automatically better. Only thing I cant decide is who I hate more. The plastics or Manc shitty. 

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why did A24 completely dump After Yang?

Yeah I'm so pissed about this. Really wanted to see it in a theater. Seems like it's gonna play in like 10 theaters in the US. And considering it's on streaming day 1, it's not gonna expand or anything. They just didn't even try

I hope they sold it to Showtime and offset its cost (or made some money thru the sale), but I really wish they would've dropped it in like 300 theaters around the country or so

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cap said:

Alas, we are not Tony Khan!

Tony Khan is too busy buying HBO MAX and putting AEW in there. Meanwhile WWE was only able to get a deal with puny Peacock :hahaha:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Yeah I'm so pissed about this. Really wanted to see it in a theater. Seems like it's gonna play in like 10 theaters in the US. And considering it's on streaming day 1, it's not gonna expand or anything. They just didn't even try

I hope they sold it to Showtime and offset its cost (or made some money thru the sale), but I really wish they would've dropped it in like 300 theaters around the country or so

It is showing kinda close to where I live so I guess I can still watch it though. Just probably not this weekend since I'm already taking a similar length trip to watch Batman this weekend. Hopefully the small numbers of theaters currently showing it don't start dropping by the start of next weekend. 100% not watching this on Showtime like A24 wants people to.

• Like 1