Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread (3/18-20) | Weekend Actuals: Batman 36.7, Jujutsu Kaisen 17.7, Uncharted 7.8, X 4.4, Dog 4

14 hours ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Non-anime fan here: is there a reason why Jujutsu is set to open so high? Is the anime series a big deal? Is it integral to the story like Demon Slayer was? It's just odd to me that it'll open more than the new My Hero movie when that seems like the bigger deal and feels like a show that has crossovered into the mainstream pop culture.

Crunchyroll has written an Article for non-casual movie-goers in Anime Category! You can read the article for better understanding!!

https://www.crunchyroll.com/es-es/anime-feature/2022/03/18/feature-5-things-to-know-before-you-see-jujutsu-kaisen-0

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Will not be surprised if X ends up with a B CinemaScore. My audience ate it up big time

Definitely felt like the most mainstream thing A24’s done in a while... which is hilarious to say.

16 hours ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Non-anime fan here: is there a reason why Jujutsu is set to open so high? Is the anime series a big deal? Is it integral to the story like Demon Slayer was? It's just odd to me that it'll open more than the new My Hero movie when that seems like the bigger deal and feels like a show that has crossovered into the mainstream pop culture.

As a non-anime fan, I actually think JJK is the one that has crossovered into the pop culture. I know nothing about My Hero, but I went to see JJK movie even though I don't watch the anime, because I heard about it a lot. The movie ia also integral to the story, but it's more like a prequel, so people like me can enjoy it, and use it as the introduction to the series.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

You're thinking of boxofficepro

BOP has changed at least three times, $7M, then $8M now they says $8.3M.

I don't know how much Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 can earn but if it trends like Dragon Ball Super Broly, then Uncharted will go ahead (༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)

• Like 1

If you want a good sense of weekend expectations: https://derby.boxofficetheory.com/AllPredictions.aspx

Spoiler

And if you want a great sense of weekend expectations… change to Wk12 and scroll down to the right user :ph34r:;) 😛 

https://derby.boxofficetheory.com/Results.aspx

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

BOP has changed at least three times, $7M, then $8M now they says $8.3M.

I don't know how much Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 can earn but if it trends like Dragon Ball Super Broly, then Uncharted will go ahead (༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)

BOP is still at 8, they don’t have 8.3 for anything.