Eric Duncan

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE WEEKEND THREAD | Read the first post for the rules

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Harry Potter will never be over. It will always deliver a warm and cosy place near the fire in the Griffyndor common room for people in need to escape to another world for a couple of hours. 

You can't compete with that, just like the Hobbit couldn't compete with The Lord of the rings. When the best story out of a universe is already told, second best will never feel satisfying and that's why those movies fail in the end and as the story goes on. . 

Nope, Hobbit was just a function of the movies not being as good as LOTR. The book is wonderful and very accessible. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

36 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I haven't seen either FB movie but the way people talk about Crimes of Grindelwald intrigues me. It's really that bad? 

I actually liked it, but I only saw it the once and don't remember the plot too well. Gonna rewatch it tomorrow and see how it holds up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eevin said:

at this point what would a “good” friday look like for fb3? 20m+? if it’s something like 18-19 40m could be seriously in jeopardy

True IM should be ~2.6 (-6%, -30%) so to hit 40 needs a 34M true FSS-> ~13.1 true fri or 19.1 OD. That would be 31.4% preview % which is right about where I’ve got it clocked.   

Though real talk, if they fudged the previews up from like 5.8 (not saying they did, but… reported preview ests aren’t exact to the dollar or anything). then 31.4% would give an 18.5 OD (from a 12.7 true fri, but would look like 12.5).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Just remember that there is a scene where a baby, that wasnt actually the baby some characters thought it was, drowned, and the baby, that was actually the baby everyone thought drowned, was alive.

Wait…that’s what the scene was about? I knew there was something about a baby with Zoe Kravitz’ character, but I didn’t remember that was what happened

3 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Wait…that’s what the scene was about? I knew there was something about a baby with Zoe Kravitz’ character, but I didn’t remember that was what happened

...Kravitz was in Crimes of Grindelwald?

• Haha 1

Crimes of Grindelwald is such a fucking mess lmao. Between the baby nonsense and the romance that involved drugs, sweet jesus, keep JKR away from the writing duties.

I think the script for the first movie is good. Maybe she had more time to write it? She should have written a book and let someone else adapt it. CoG had too much exposition and flashbacks, but the actual story and characters (especially Leta) are good.

3 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

...Kravitz was in Crimes of Grindelwald?

Genuinely best performance in that movie, she had to act like she's torn between Redmayne and that guy playing Redmayne's brother. Not surprised her character decides to end it all by attacking Grindelwald.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Genuinely best performance in that movie, she had to act like she's torn between Redmayne and that guy playing Redmayne's brother. Not surprised her character decides to end it all by attacking Grindelwald.

christ i don't remember the brother either

i've blocked so much of that dog shit movie out of my mind lol

6 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Credence was trying to discover his true identity. Yusuf Kama, under the influence of an unbreakable vow, was trying to kill Leta's brother (supposedly Credence) because their father kidnapped his mother (who died giving birth to Leta). Leta switched babies on the ship, and her brother died, and ended taking Credence to New York. Credence's true identity remained unknown. Yes, it's a mess. Kama for me is CoG's biggest problem, the character just complicated the plot and didn't add much to the story.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Felipe said:

Credence was trying to discover his true identity. Yusuf Kama, under the influence of an unbreakable vow, was trying to kill Leta's brother (supposedly Credence) because their father kidnapped his mother (who died giving birth to Leta). Leta switched babies on the ship, and her brother died, and ended taking Credence to New York. Credence's true identity remained unknown. Yes, it's a mess. Kama for me is CoG's biggest problem, the character just complicated the plot and didn't add much to the story.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Also your post reminded me that there's TWO relationships in the movie where a wizard/witch mind controls a person into loving them. Who okayed that shit?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Count me in team I had no idea Zoe Kravitz was in that movie that I've seen.

Also on this team. Upon looking it up, it appears she was related to Helena Bonham Carter's character in the original series? Must have been related on the Jewish side of Lenny's family, I guess.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Also your post reminded me that there's TWO relationships in the movie where a wizard/witch mind controls a person into loving them. Who okayed that shit.

Jacob really loved Queenie, she used the love potion only for him to agree to travel to the UK, and thus evading the US law that prohibited their relationship. (Not that that makes it ok).

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Also on this team. Upon looking it up, it appears she was related to Helena Bonham Carter's character in the original series? Must have been related on the Jewish side of Lenny's family, I guess.

Actually HBC's character was born a Black, she is a Lestrange by marriage.