Eric the Ape

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE WEEKEND THREAD | Read the first post for the rules

20 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

...Kravitz was in Crimes of Grindelwald?

11 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

christ i don't remember the brother either

i've blocked so much of that dog shit movie out of my mind lol

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Count me in team I had no idea Zoe Kravitz was in that movie that I've seen.

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Also on this team. Upon looking it up, it appears she was related to Helena Bonham Carter's character in the original series? Must have been related on the Jewish side of Lenny's family, I guess.

1 minute ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

WAIT NEWT HAD A BROTHER IN THAT MOVIE? HOW DID I NOT REMEMBER THIS?

It is said that the brain blocks out severely traumatic experiences so people don't relive them daily. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

there are movies i haven't seen in twenty years that i could probably give a point by point synopsis for but i look at footage of crimes of grindenrise and there's like no form of recognition at all. got me thinking maybe i just saw the first one but i did post in the review thread for the second one at the time so i must've seen it. i remember i had a gift card i had to use up and that was the only reason i saw it.

• Like 3

The only thing I remember about either of the first two movies is the Depp reveal. I love that they needed to hide a guy with a bunch of weird personal scandals and addiction issues by disguising him as.....Colin Farrell. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

put a gun to my head and ask me to recall one single plot point from crimes of grumpelwank and that's it, my life is over. the best i could probably do is "was there a scene with a giant bird or something?"

well now that i've read this thread the best i can probably do is "zoe kravitz as HBC's grandmother in law drowns a baby but not a real baby a guy pretending to be a baby? maybe?" thanks guys.👍

I very vaguely recall that the bad guys in Grindewald recognize that the Holocaust is about to happen and are trying to prevent it, but that must be wrong because that would be incredibly stupid.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Nope, Hobbit was just a function of the movies not being as good as LOTR. The book is wonderful and very accessible. 

Jackson's big mistake was not getting that the Hobbit, though indeed a wonderful book, is totally different then LOTR and his trying to make it into another LOTR was where he went wrong.

It is not a coincidence that when the scenes where it sticks close to the book...the riddle game between Bilbo and Gollum and the scenes between Bilbo and Smaug are the best in the movies.

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I very vaguely recall that the bad guys in Grindewald recognize that the Holocaust is about to happen and are trying to prevent it, but that must be wrong because that would be incredibly stupid.

Oh God, I had completely forgotten about that stupid plot point

@RichWS I think the past 2 pages probably answered your question by now

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Ok that explains why Father Stu is flopping all the Mel fans went to check this one out instead.

Double victory for the Jews this weekend baby! Let's goooo

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • ...wtf 1

15 minutes ago, DAR said:

This one is always wait what?

Can't resist the Transformer joke I just heard:

The Putin Govnement is saying the Moskva is actually a Transformer who Transformed from a missile cruiser into a submarine....

Eddie Redmayne is one of those actors where the more I've seen of them, the less I like them. Too one-note to really anchor anything IMO. He (and the rest of the actors, really) can't be at all blamed for this easy-to-see-coming-from-miles-away franchise implosion, though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Fantastic Beasts 3 Alpha Friday - 190907/808453 2767651.69 4335 shows

Meh. Well below 250K I had projected based on presales couple of days ago. Walkups have been very poor past 2 days. I dont have full MTC2 number but it looks like around 170K/1.9m friday. So thinking around 12.5m true friday and I feel previews were overestimated. Could see around 18m with previews tomorrow. 

+- 1 morbilion