Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

Wanda chasing Strange, America and Rachel McAdams in that tunnel and her decimation of the Illuminati was legitimetely really suspensfull for me. Havent felt like that in a MCU movie since the 3rd act of Infinity War.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I knew I would like it from the opening scenes, where the visuals were taken straight from Steve Ditko's original run on  Dr. Strange.

I loved this, too. Though I was bummed to see they're seemingly keeping with the lame Dark Dimension design from the first movie, which superficially resembled Ditko but captured absolutely none of its otherworldly weirdness. 

Im wondering what they do with Wandas character next. I dont really buy that shes dead since i didnt see a body. They could make enough reasonable excuses to bring her back.

7 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Im wondering what they do with Wandas character next. I dont really buy that shes dead since i didnt see a body. They could make enough reasonable excuses to bring her back.

Yeah, it's basically a rule in fiction that if you don't see a body they're not dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

The difference is that Wanda was trying to kill everyone. Zombie Strange was not. It was played more for comedy.

I agree about comedy ("kick that witch's ass") but they could've used Cumberbatch in comical zombie makeup for that. he has great comic timing. 

40 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Yeah, don't think Wanda died from a little bit of rubble... (okay it was a big temple).

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

I'm clearly useless because I've seen the movie twice now and thought Zombie Strange was make-up.

It isn't?!

Btw saw it today. I had a great time with it. It was a fast paced multiversal adventure and I had a blast.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

It isn't?!

Btw saw it today. I had a great time with it. It was a fast paced multiversal adventure and I had a blast.

People have been complaining that Zombie Strange was bad CGI but it seemed like make-up to me. 

3 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Yeah, don't think Wanda died from a little bit of rubble... (okay it was a big temple).

Also woudnt make sense to truly kill her off here tbh. Theres certainly potential there to take the character in very different directions.

When the MCU decides to kill major characters its always for a reason, at least thats what it seems like to me. Tonys death in Endgame was perfect and completed his arc. Black Widows death also made a ton of sense in Endgame. Wanda dying here would surprise me a lot.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Also woudnt make sense to truly kill her off here tbh. Theres certainly potential there to take the character in very different directions.

When the MCU decides to kill major characters its always for a reason, at least thats what it seems like to me. Tonys death in Endgame was perfect and completed his arc. Black Widows death also made a ton of sense in Endgame. Wanda dying here would surprise me a lot.

If I had to guess, they will use Wanda to sacrifice herself and save the multiverse from Kang. It makes way too much sense.

11 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

People have been complaining that Zombie Strange was bad CGI but it seemed like make-up to me. 

I thought it was make-up as well. It didn't seemed like CGI except maybe a couple of shots when he shows up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Yeah, it's basically a rule in fiction that if you don't see a body they're not dead.

I don't think even having the body present can rule out someone coming back from the dead especially when it comes to comic book characters. 

Edited by Jonwo

5 hours ago, poweranimals said:

So while I loved the movie, I will say the main thing I was disappointed by was the marketing. There were lines and implications in the trailer that weren't in the movie. I was under the impression the events of this movie were tied to the spell Strange cast in No Way Home. The trailer gave off that impression as well, but there really wasn't any connection which kind of annoys me.

A casualty of covid, i think. This movie was supposed to come out before No Way Home but delays shuffled everything around and they might not have had time to make major changes without even more delays.

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

I figured make-up as well, with some added CGI for the missing cheek and stuff like that.

He was basically straight-up just a deadite from Evil Dead so I thought it was all great. Loved the weird 'ahhhh' scream shot when he took over the body.

• Like 5

Just now, aabattery said:

I figured make-up as well, with some added CGI for the missing cheek and stuff like that.

He was basically straight-up just a deadite from Evil Dead so I thought it was all great. Loved the weird 'ahhhh' scream shot when he took over the body.

I loved all the Evil Dead vibes here. Wandas body control, the camera perspective angles and runs, the wind coming through the windows ... so great.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, poweranimals said:

And for Marvel, basically even if you see a body, they're still not dead. 

Loki, Gamora, Vision, they all returned almost immediately a few projects later in the MCU and are still around. I guess you could argue that they're variants, but still..