Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

Finally watched the movie, and got reminded of what Ultron said about Cap's Shield & Vibranium. 

"Most versatile metal on planet and they used it to make a frisbee"

Except the Frisbee was useful, but this isn't..... Disappointing stuff. I mean it was titled MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS and it had neither much of Multiverse nor any madness beyond whatever writers had when they wrote this. 

• Like 1

It’s important to remember as well that this movie went through significant reshoots, more so than any other Marvel movie. It clearly had issues and I think they still made a solid movie.

I do think Marvel is sort of losing its way a bit and I do think that is down too releasing too much content. Spreading themselves too thin and introducing too many elements.

I think once it all comes into focus though it will be a massive event though. People talk about the lack of direction in this phase but it’s clearly all leading to SECRET WARS! This movie mentioned incursions like a million times lol

On 5/9/2022 at 10:00 PM, dudalb said:

I also sort of think Feige was saying , publically to the world, .."I got the rights to the Fantastic Four and the X Men, and , by GOd I am going to use them!'. We all knew that but Feige is sort of on record now. He has set the stage.

And he is  off to a bad start with the FF/xmen rights with that joke of a showing in this film

Everything about Discount Dark Phoenix (Wanda) going evil was so sudden and forced.Its not much better than the evil Jean Grey stuff in the FOX films

Some of the visuals were cool at least

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Hades said:

And he is  off to a bad start with the FF/xmen rights with that joke of a showing in this film

Everything about Discount Dark Phoenix (Wanda) going evil was so sudden and forced.Its not much better than the evil Jean Grey stuff in the FOX films

Discount Dark Phoenix 🤣🤣

Also I don't understand is Wanda has abilities to remove someone's mouth then why is she even fighting other people.

Juat say "what hands", "what legs", "what head" and end the fight in few seconds. 

5 minutes ago, Hades said:

Stylistically it was miles ahead of anything Fox ever produced with either of their Dark Phoenix adaptations.

Brett Ratner was a studio-mandated, replacement director who has no artistic vision and Simon Kinberg is a hack of a director. X-Men: Dark Phoenix is basically plagiarized work at this point, he borrowed every other shot from other movies.

So I guess I would say: I disagree

On 5/9/2022 at 11:37 PM, YourMother said:

Reed fucked up worse than Star Lord ever did. Prove me wrong. Reed could’ve just stfu and Wanda is gone but was stupid enough to speak (ironic for the smartest man alive) as Star Lord had a moment of weakness.

I think its pretty common thing to threaten your enemy by telling that we have this weapon and that can destroy you in seconds blah blah.

What Wanda did shouldn't happen. That power just shouldn't exist. She didn't need to do anything if she can just manipulate body parts of others.

I heard somewhere that the reeshots added Reed and Blackbolt

Does that mean that originally the illuminati consisted only of xavier and the 2 girls?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I heard somewhere that the reeshots added Reed and Blackbolt

Does that mean that originally the illuminati consisted only of xavier and the 2 girls?

Baldur the Brave was supposed to be there, with that being Bruce Campbell's cameo iirc

4 hours ago, Hades said:

You really don't seem to like much of anything I have noted.

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think its pretty common thing to threaten your enemy by telling that we have this weapon and that can destroy you in seconds blah blah.

What Wanda did shouldn't happen. That power just shouldn't exist. She didn't need to do anything if she can just manipulate body parts of others.

As anybody who pays attention to the news should know.

But a lot of people here seem not to pay much attention to the news until something hits them in the face, and then they are shocked when current events have a direct  impact on their lives...

• ...wtf 1

16 hours ago, Hades said:

I may be reading too much into it but I feel like Stewart and Krasinski were just deliberate throwaways on Feige and co.'s part to acknowledge their respective fanbases but to make a point that there isn't really a place for them in the MCU by depicting them as cannon fodder. Similar to the Black Bolt treatment.

Of course, I may be proven wrong if Krasinski is cast as 616 Reed Richards but if that were really the plan, this 🤡 showing makes no sense whatsoever.

Everything about Discount Dark Phoenix (Wanda)

I'll always have a soft spot for an old-school Scarlet Witch hating sassy X-Men fan. 

10 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

it's just me or doctor strange felt more powerful in infinity war than here?

also wanda used her reality wraping without consistency she most of the time just shot red beams  BORING

1 hour ago, AnDr3s said:

also wanda used her reality wraping without consistency she most of the time just shot red beams  BORING

This is a problem across Marvel. Just goopy, bright red/purple/pink energy beams or blobs. The visual creativity is really lacking, seems like they just lift everything straight from the comics. Like Black Bolt...worst Marvel movie costume ever. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

I liked it well enough, mostly for being a pure Sam Raimi movie. But Marvel is losing their touch when it comes to building out their universe. The interconnected thing is only fun if it's building towards something.

Between Egyptian Gods, Chinese dragon dimensions, Book of the Dead magic, and multiverse madness, it's currently all over the place. 

And if it's true that Reed was a part of the reshoots, that makes sense. He looked like he wasn't in the same room as the others half the time. 

On 5/9/2022 at 8:48 AM, AnDr3s said:

the iluminati scene was the most braindead scene in recent cbm memory

Black Bolt kinda ruined the scene for me. His costume is so terrible I felt like I was suddenly watching a cheap CW show. 

2 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

This is a problem across Marvel. Just goopy, bright red/purple/pink energy beams or blobs. The visual creativity is really lacking, seems like they just lift everything straight from the comics. Like Black Bolt...worst Marvel movie costume ever. 

the fights could've been so unique not just lassos shields and beams

i hope black adam does unique stuff with doctor fate 

Sam Raimi says he preferred the short run time so that movie was more like Fast Paced Chase.

Except when they reached the book of vishanti where they took their sweet little time and added extra 30 minutes to the movie.

I was screaming inside about stop sightseeing and just read the book idiot, there's a crazy psycho with bloodlust and incredible power chasing you, do it fast.

Also they didn't lock the door and even were standing there staring at the book for minutes. 

So much for fast paced chase. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Sam Raimi says he preferred the short run time so that movie was more like Fast Paced Chase.

Except when they reached the book of vishanti where they took their sweet little time and added extra 30 minutes to the movie.

I was screaming inside about stop sightseeing and just read the book idiot, there's a crazy psycho with bloodlust and incredible power chasing you, do it fast.

Also they didn't lock the door and even were standing there staring at the book for minutes. 

So much for fast paced chase. 

Same problem in the tunnel chase scene.

They turn around and stare at the door

stare at the door

stare at the door

stare at the door

my friend and I were cringing like DO SOMETHING