Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

6 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Fairly different than the comic Illuminati lineup anyway.

Yeah, the movie Illuminati are a lot different then the Comic book Illuminati. The Movie Illlumaniti are basically the Avengers of that alternate world, the comic book Illluminati, are, well, a lot different.

I also sort of think Feige was saying , publically to the world, .."I got the rights to the Fantastic Four and the X Men, and , by GOd I am going to use them!'. We all knew that but Feige is sort of on record now. He has set the stage.

On 5/8/2022 at 7:37 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

It's why the MCU needs more female writers IMO, for too long the female characters have been used as mere tools around and about the male characters.

A female wrote Black Widow and it’s one of their worst movies

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

On 5/8/2022 at 6:44 AM, ddddeeee said:

Not ya'll expecting Strange to bring up Christine in any of his subsequent appearances. As if there was time for that or as if it was at all appropriate. Strange is still clearly hung up on Christine in the last movie. He treated her like crap and she moved on, but he didn't. The last shot is of him in the sanctum, alone because his ego meant he had no real connection with anyone. Here Strange learns to accept this and ultimately tries to do better. It's completely natural. Cumberbatch and McAdams have no chemistry at all, but story wise this completely checks out.

And, if the comics are followed, Strange found his new romance in the post credit sequence.......

Some people are questioning that Therion is Clea. Uh, she is listed as Clea in the detailed final cast list credit that rolled across the screen after the mid credit sequence.

4 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

The Illuminati being stupid arrogent idiots is pretty in character for the group as a whole lol

they are also a super secret team of the brightest  heroes

i mean i get that they are cocky and all but after black bolt gets exploded they should've fight like a team a not just watch while their partners died

like tf was cap marvel doing while reed richards was turned into spaghetti

Edited by AnDr3s

Funny, I remember reading lots of critics of the MCU circa AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR release that Marvel movies had no consequences.

Literally the only reason why Wanda enslaved thousands of people against their will in WANDAVISION, and now murdered hundreds of people in cold blood and threatened the fabrics of the entire Multiverse... is because of what happened at the end of INFINITY WAR. Specifically, Vision's death.

And now because of that we have a heroine turned villain that has resulted in lots of angry fans (the current state of the MarvelStudios subreddit would be a testament to that)

But there are no consequences in Marvel movies, apparently!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Funny, I remember reading lots of critics of the MCU circa AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR release that Marvel movies had no consequences.

Literally the only reason why Wanda enslaved thousands of people against their will in WANDAVISION, and now murdered hundreds of people in cold blood and threatened the fabrics of the entire Multiverse... is because of what happened at the end of INFINITY WAR. Specifically, Vision's death.

And now because of that we have a heroine turned villain that has resulted in lots of angry fans (the current state of the MarvelStudios subreddit would be a testament to that)

But there are no consequences in Marvel movies, apparently!

I see the whole idea that Wanda was basically driven mad by grief  passed you by.

I agree it is no excuse for what she did, but I think it works fine as a motivation.

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I see the whole idea that Wanda was basically driven mad by grief  passed you by.

I agree it is no excuse for what she did, but I think it works fine as a motivation.

And she was driven mad by grief why?

Because she lost her family after creating the hex, why create the hex?

Because Vision was killed in Infinity War, so she created the hex to have him again.

Edited by Daxtreme

Just watched it. Definitely the weakest MCU in a long time. Worst one since Iron Man 2 maybe? It's right up there in pointlessness. It doesn't work on a narrative level and there's no action / setpieces to enjoy. You need at least one of these as a minimum.

There is 0 justification for Wanda suddenly becoming a villain. There should have been at least some build-up to her turning bad. Are we seriously meant to believe that 'dreaming about having children' would drive her to mass murder?

Also why are we meant to be invested in Strange and Christine when, as far as I can remember, Strange has literally never made any reference to her since the 2016 film?

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

Just watched it. Definitely the weakest MCU in a long time. Worst one since Iron Man 2 maybe? It's right up there in pointlessness. It doesn't work on a narrative level and there's no action / setpieces to enjoy. You need at least one of these as a minimum.

There is 0 justification for Wanda suddenly becoming a villain. There should have been at least some build-up to her turning bad. Are we seriously meant to believe that 'dreaming about having children' would drive her to mass murder?

Also why are we meant to be invested in Strange and Christine when, as far as I can remember, Strange has literally never made any reference to her since the 2016 film?

I don't get this... He is in love with her since the first film, what is it so hard to believe?

What a jarring thing to throw an update of his relationship with Christine during Thanos attack or meanwhile he was doing Spider-man spell, people are talking as if we had 10 Dr Strange sequels, this is literaly the second movie.

• Like 1

I didn't at all mind the much bigger role for Christine in this because they probably wanted to make up for bringing McAdams on board only to waste her in the first Strange movie (which was already shot when she became an Oscar nominee so there wasn't a whole lot they could do to increase her role). Get a feeling a lot of people assumed since 2016 we were never going to see her in this universe again after that (not counting her voiceover role in What If). More McAdams is always a good thing so I was happy to see she got to play a pivotal part here.

Edited by filmlover

I finally had some time to see this. I enjoyed all the scary elements and Raimi stuff plus the brutal fights but the writing was def problematic.

"I'm not a monster, I'm a mom" :hahaha:

Also no Vision in any of the other universes, just her kids? Seriously? And the biggest difference they could think of for a different universe was apparently red and green lights being flipped. 

It's getting very obvious in this movie the heroes', and Wong's in particular powers scale by what plot element they need to fulfill. When Wanda made him give up the location of the tower by threatening 4 unnamed sorcerers after him saying she could control every universe I had some extreme eye roll there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

Why is America Chavez in the title of this thread? She was the least interesting thing about this movie. I always hate the edits to the threat topics. 😁

BECAUSE YASSS QUEEN

Spoiler

She was fine