Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

29 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Sonic 2 seems to be better at general anticipation than Lightyear looks to be. I think it's possible Lightyear opens below Sonic 2 (60-65M) but gets a better multiplier for maybe 250M total. @Brainbug the Dinosaur makes a good point though that there's precsident for Jurassic and Pixar movies to coexist.

If Lightyear opens that low, I expect a Cars 2 like performance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

The same people who are hyped for Prehistoric Planet are also hyped for JW Dominion. Also JW is very walk-up heavy. No one is complaining that there is too much dinosaur content. They can coexist. Plus one has a lot larger marketing budget than the other.

Only room for one unfortunately. Good chance Jurassic World sells literally zero tickets.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

46 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Sonic 2 seems to be better at general anticipation than Lightyear looks to be. I think it's possible Lightyear opens below Sonic 2 (60-65M) but gets a better multiplier for maybe 250M total. @Brainbug the Dinosaur makes a good point though that there's precsident for Jurassic and Pixar movies to coexist.

Lightyear gets the second biggest trailer ever for an animated movie, behind only Incredibles 2

The final trailer was also huge on social media

Anticipation seems way higher than Sonic overall

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Lightyear gets the second biggest trailer ever for an animated movie, behind only Incredibles 2

I didn't know that. F me then. 

Just my anecdote then

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Agreed but also simultaneously remember how Detective Pikachu blew up due to the curiousity of the concept alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

This is an over 100 million OW increase from a previously 85 million film. Yes Doctor Strange showed up in Avengers movies but that didn't make Thor: The Dark World or Captain America: The Winter Soldier suddenly increase by that much. All this movie banked on was Wanda and the potential for some cameos. That's incredibly impressive no matter what.

This isn’t a Doctor Strange sequel like Thor 2 and Cap 2 was though. Its basically like Civil War. 

38 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Scott Derrickson probably smiling somewhere

I want him back. I'd rather have a lower grossing smaller-scale but coherent movie than this janky mess. Scott makes great horror too, Sinister is just 😨

• Haha 1