Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

40 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Civil War is just ... there. Its kind of boring and knowing what comes after it (IW/EG), it feels like a waste of time really. Its saving grace is Spidey, but hes just in it for a few minutes. Also for a film called Civil War there really isnt much war going on. More like an elaborate shoving game.

Civil War is lame man.

And for a movie supposed to shake up the future of the MCU, it feels like such a non-presence later in films. The most it’s felt is in a far superior MCU film, Ant-Man and the Wasp. Idgaf what the Russos said, even if the Avengers were united, they’d still get curbstomped by Thanos.

It is saved from going below a 2.5/5 for both Spidey and especially T’Challa getting good material to work with. 

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

And for a movie supposed to shake up the future of the MCU, it feels like such a non-presence later in films. Idgaf what the Russos said, even if the Avengers were united, they’d still get curbstomped by Thanos.

It is saved from both Spidey and especially T’Challa getting good material to work with.

Civil War is literally reduced to a Beatles joke in Infinity War. 

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Civil War is literally reduced to a Beatles joke in Infinity War. 

IW is gonna get reduced to a one line joke in some movie pretty soon (maybe already has). Doesn’t really have anything to do with whether it was an important event. 

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed

6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

The problem with Civil War is that when you rewatch it, its really fucking boring other than the airport battle and the climax. Also Zemo's plan makes no sense.

The airport battle is hilarious honestly. Its what i meant by shoving game, its just two groups of people who we all knew wont really harm each other trying to have a little competition, a little runny-fighty-game. 

0 Suspense. 0 sense of danger. What makes the scene work despite that is that its ultimately fun and very funny. But i remember the trailers hyping it up as something of a big, epic clash of our heroes seriously opposing each other and the end result was ... not that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

TELL MEEEEEE! You put cream on your Carbonara pasta? 👺👺👺

Look I already admitted my sins and accepted death, what more do you want from me 😂  

Spoiler

Bacon and cream, yes. Along with egg and Parmesan of course

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 hours ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Just saw this lol. Sorry about the other stuff going on, not sure if I would describe it as a “clap back” I just wanted some clarification. I am pro-positive vibes!

It’s all good. I just put you on mute for the day. 😘😘😘😘

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

The airport battle is hilarious honestly. Its what i meant by shoving game, its just two groups of people who we all knew wont really harm each other trying to have a little competition, a little runny-fighty-game. 

0 Suspense. 0 sense of danger. What makes the scene work despite that is that its ultimately fun and very funny. But i remember the trailers hyping it up as something of a big, epic clash of our heroes seriously opposing each other and the end result was ... not that.

The airport scene is tonally out of a totally different movie. It’s like going from Bourne to Power Rangers for ten minutes. The Iron Man/Cap/Bucky fight at the finale is great and you can buy it being part of the same movie. The airport battle though? Like some kid hacked into the movie to show us him playing Super Smash Brothers. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Look I already admitted my sins and accepted death, what more do you want from me 😂  

Hide contents

Bacon and cream, yes. Along with egg and Parmesan of course

Bacon...you mean Guanciale right? Cream? Pamesean? mamma mia no.... 

Now. Do this 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

frankly I really loved that it was this. Wouldn’t make sense for the McU (at that time) for them to go into the full on hatred/anger route. Way better to have Clint and Nat basically confirm everyone is pulling their punches. 

And then it makes it even more meaningful when Iron Man and captain America at the end of the movie do NOT

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Bacon...you mean Guanciale right? Cream? Pamesean? mamma mia no.... 

Now. Do this 

Look I knew what was happening here from the very beginning, now leave me and my unholy bastardized American carbonara alone. I’m going to make some tonight and it will be delicious 😛 

4 hours ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Fabio, I have accepted my sins and I present myself for execution.

• ...wtf 1