Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

Just now, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Look I knew what was happening here from the very beginning, now leave me and my unholy bastardized American carbonara alone. I’m going to make some tonight and it will be delicious 😛 

NO. 
Watch the video, make the carbonara like this and you will see that it will be something else.

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

Airport battle great. Ending battle great.

The excellent 2nd and 3rd act fights are complemented well by a great 1st act, antagonist, supposing cast, and character moments. It’s a testament to the russos other movies that it misses the top 3.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Agreed. Iron Man 3 is actually very entertaining and works best if seen as kind of a standalone movie for itself. Shane Black directs the shit out of it.

Civil War is just ... there. Its kind of boring and knowing what comes after it (IW/EG), it feels like a waste of time really. Its saving grace is Spidey, but hes just in it for a few minutes. Also for a film called Civil War there really isnt much war going on. More like an elaborate shoving game.

Civil War is lame man.

Completely disagree on CW, but I do appreciate the IM3 love. I always get a kick when that movie trends Xmas time on social media. I know these MCU movies by their nature are always setting up something but something IM3 is charming like serialized comics can be where you get an issue where our hero goes on an adventure that's wrapped up by the last page. IIRC IM3 doesn't set up anything explicitly afterwards.* 

*=I would argue Tony's continuing PTSD with 2012 does keep going afterwards. I liked that small detail in IW when Stark does his stretching exercises after getting the magic rock monologue from Dr. Strange, like the sort of thing patients who've suffered from PTSD would do to keep themselves from being overwhelmed again. 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Not to go off topic, but I also think Civil War is crap (and a waste of time). Especially the third act.

$34-35m would be great, hoping it gets over $200m for the weekend though and not $190m. 

Can it get there with those preview numbers?

Just now, IronJimbo said:

To follow up on the Civil War stuff, the airport scene has some of the worst cinemography in the whole the MCU. As another user said it is visually very ugly.

What i do appreciate from that scene visually is that it very realistically shows how ugly the Leipzig Airport is.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

To follow up on the Civil War stuff, the airport scene has some of the worst cinemography in the whole the MCU. As another user said it is visually very ugly.

when detractors criticize the filmmaking in the MCU generally civil war is the movie they're thinking of like 85% of the time.