BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I do not think people care about continuity that much and are asking questions about why Wanda is evil now. I don't think anything in the movie requires you to have seen the previous movies or shows either to understand it.

Isn’t the continuity the whole point of the MCU?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I do not think people care about continuity that much and are asking questions about why Wanda is evil now. I don't think anything in the movie requires you to have seen the previous movies or shows either to understand it.

I mean, she not exactly good initially in Ultron... Literally plants the seed in Stark's head that results in him rushing Ultron. And, she's especially not all good in WandaVision. What's the phrase I've been hearing lately.... Chaotic neutral. Well, there's also a reason that's hammered home in the Strange 2 that would explain why she goes full on to the bad side rather than closer to the middle that I won't mention. If you've seen it, you know what I mean though.

• Like 1

People are also now factoring in how soon they can have their repeat viewing of these movies. They know full well Strange will be on Disney+ by the end of the summer and are content with that.  It was a little longer a wait a few years ago, and with a $20 premium. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wildphantom said:

People are also now factoring in how soon they can have their repeat viewing of these movies. They know full well Strange will be on Disney+ by the end of the summer and are content with that.  It was a little longer a wait a few years ago, and with a $20 premium. 

Even though I expect really no tie in whatsoever, I'd have assumed most would or will try to catch it before Thor 4 but you're probably right... Many can and will wait even until after Thor 4 releases to see on Disney+. Is there a date when it's expected to start steaming on Disney+ yet? I'd assume just before Thor 4 but I have no idea.

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Even though I expect really no tie in whatsoever, I'd have assumed most would or will try to catch it before Thor 4 but you're probably right... Many can and will wait even until after Thor 4 releases to see on Disney+. Is there a date when it's expected to start steaming on Disney+ yet? I'd assume just before Thor 4 but I have no idea.

Probably not until later this summer at the earliest since D+ does have their hands full with big shows launching in the form of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ms. Marvel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Thought Eternals was just a blip but it looks like Marvel’s “plot armor” is slowly deteriorating right before our eyes

Luckily for them the competition (DC) is stuck in a perpetual cycle of ineptitude that it doesn’t even matter 

Okay, but Batman put them back on the map. Can only go up from here

Too gruesome, too dark, Wanda element sucks imo. Daughter can’t see it even though she wanted to. Not shocked at all.

went from wanting to see in theaters ASAP like NWH to no chance and happy to wait until streaming. 

One thing that all this reminds me of is Spider-Man Homecomings 2nd weekend fall, which at -62,2% caused a ton of meltdowns here and many people doubted 300M heavily for it after the sophomore frame. But then, ofc, Homecoming stabilized nicely and got over 300M comfortably.

Now, i dont want to make an exact comparison to Homecoming with MoM, since Spidey had very good WOM compared to the mixed one Strange receives. But it goes to show that even well-received movies can crash on the 2nd weekend. Therefore, when judging a movies legs, only looking at the 2nd weekend can be misleading sometimes. Like others have said, we sould really wait to see Strange's hold next weekend to see if it will be able to stabilize or not really.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

One thing that all this reminds me of is Spider-Man Homecomings 2nd weekend fall, which at -62,2% caused a ton of meltdowns here and many people doubted 300M heavily for it after the sophomore frame. But then, ofc, Homecoming stabilized nicely and got over 300M comfortably.

Now, i dont want to make an exact comparison to Homecoming with MoM, since Spidey had very good WOM compared to the mixed one Strange receives. But it goes to show that even well-received movies can crash on the 2nd weekend. Therefore, when judging a movies legs, only looking at the 2nd weekend can be misleading sometimes. Like others have said, we sould really wait to see Strange's hold next weekend to see if it will be able to stabilize or not really.

Summer has much better weekday box office...Strange won't make it to the good weekday box office til it's practically down to 1 screen everywhere...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Same goes to V2 and Eternals , both stabilize a bit in the later run. Also, I disagree with the view that MoM has toxic word of mouth. Surely there is disappointment but they aren't anywhere close like the one we seen for TLJ or Morbius. I remember even AoU has more toxic wom back then, There are still chance MoM can recover and have drop in the range of 40% in the next one or two weeks 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

True. But, Homecoming definitely benefit from summer days in addition to late legs. Little different.

1 hour ago, Eric Strange said:

Haven’t you figured out you can just ignore posts you don’t like seeing?

Why?  You don't ignore them and comment on similar posts all the time.  

Also, you could have just ignored my post if you actually feel like this.  

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Why?  You don't ignore them and comment on similar posts all the time.  

Also, you could have just ignored my post if you actually feel like this.  

Well I'm a mod. I can't ignore people's posts, or otherwise it will lead to troublemakers and trolls wrecking havoc. You don't have that issue however.

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

i don’t believe so and I’m really hoping there’s at least a three month gap that becomes the norm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

i don’t believe so and I’m really hoping there’s at least a three month gap that becomes the norm. 

Oh, I definitely hope so too for all Disney+ and HBOMax superhero movies. Much, much better for late legs at the box office.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Oh, I definitely hope so too for all Disney+ and HBOMax superhero movies. Much, much better for late legs at the box office.

Definitely. 

in my opinion any early summer movie shouldn’t be available to watch at home until September at the earliest. I can get on board with a firm three months though. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Definitely. 

in my opinion any early summer movie shouldn’t be available to watch at home until September at the earliest. I can get on board with a firm three months though. 

NWH home showed what late legs can be like for a blockbuster if it's not rushed to PVOD or a streaming service. Couldn't agree more.

• Like 4