BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Again, do not mistake that BOT or Twitter is who they give a flying fuck about.  They are after a general audience, and all indications are that gneral audiences more than apporve and enjoy their shows.  

Beware of the echo chamber you get your feedback from.  

I don't think so. I believe most of GA audience don't watch these shows at all. Audiences are much more limited. 

It probably doesn't mean anything that my father and brother watch the Marvel movies but don't give a flying F about these shows. Only If I recommend but I honestly can't recommend these shows to them. I think it's more than likely that they would get tired of Marvel real fast with all this.. whatever content

And I don't mistake that. But I think it's past echo chambers. I don't know ANYONE in love with these shows. It's all just watchable. Until that's enough when there's so much good content. 

There will always be that type of MCU shills saying everything is fine, these shows are SO GOOD even tho they probably don't believe it. And I do believe that at some point in these series, people are enjoying it. Really. U sense that even in Twitter, Reddit, places you call echo chambers. But the finales... uh. It almost seems like people are talking about other show when those finales hit and how the reactions are much more negative. 

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Nobody wants to see Sam trying to get a bank loan in Captain America 4. You save that shit for the D+ shows. In the end, the shows are pipline filler to serve the movies.

Honestly that whole scene should have been cut. it doesnt serve major purpose to the plot.

one of the unique things about the infinity saga is that each movie felt self contained while pushing the whole narrative forward Just as  @DS2HaterLegion Confirmedput forth earlier.

the shows have struggled with this.

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Wow 23% drop for Sonic 2, it’s best hold ever. Will sonic 2 debut on paramount+ after 45days? I remember for some reason they have Scream one week longer window at 53 days.

Nothing has been announced/confirmed for Sonic, and they did hold off on Scream for a week, didn't even announce the release, just made it available. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see the same here, try squeeze that last bit of juice out of the box office over Memorial Day weekend, then quietly add it to P+ subscribers on like Tue 3/31

• Like 1

Honestly, listening to some of you dissect what should be taken out of the D+ shows is hilarious.  I’d take every avenger trying to get a bank loan over some of the mind-numbing super power battles we’ve had. 

if Shang Chi went to discuss a bank loan instead of riding on the back of that CG dragon for ten minutes I might have given it an A+

Jimmy Fallon Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, M37 said:

Nothing has been announced/confirmed for Sonic, and they did hold off on Scream for a week, didn't even announce the release, just made it available. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see the same here, try squeeze that last bit of juice out of the box office over Memorial Day weekend, then quietly add it to P+ subscribers on like Tue 3/31

I believe there was some behind the door issue that caused the delay ,scream late legs wasn’t really amazing to warrant a week extension. Also, I realise paramount isn’t really doing 45 days window. All of their major releases were on paramount + for free on days 47(48 days if you include preview). Don’t get why an extra day but I won’t complain. 

I can’t stop thinking about the potential in a bank loan MCU story. 

an entire series where each individual episode is an avenger pitching why they should be the one to get the nod from the bank. Then a theatrical event where we find out who gets the money. 

tons of Disney/Fox crossover potential. Could go on for years! 

Kate Winslet Money GIF by INTO ACTION

• Astonished 1

31 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

So after 10 days of release, Strange is $8.3M ahead of Iron Man 3 ($409 DOM), but $3.4 behind Civil War ($408 DOM). Do think Sat & Sun suggest the run will stabilize, but still a bit of stretch to reach the ~$370M MoM needs by Memorial Day to cross the $400M threshold (before any accounting shenanigans)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

Honestly, listening to some of you dissect what should be taken out of the D+ shows is hilarious.  I’d take every avenger trying to get a bank loan over some of the mind-numbing super power battles we’ve had. 

if Shang Chi went to discuss a bank loan instead of riding on the back of that CG dragon for ten minutes I might have given it an A+

Jimmy Fallon Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Nah i do agree bank loan plot would be interesting but since it didnt serve the plot much it was better off being cut. An idea is only good as its excution

12 hours ago, M37 said:

So after 10 days of release, Strange is $8.3M ahead of Iron Man 3 ($409 DOM), but $3.4 behind Civil War ($408 DOM). Do think Sat & Sun suggest the run will stabilize, but still a bit of stretch to reach the ~$370M MoM needs by Memorial Day to cross the $400M threshold (before any accounting shenanigans)

sun- mon  drop after second weekend for mcu may

CW- 77.4%

AOU- 76.2%

IW- 77.4%

IM3 -77.8%

GOTG 2 -77.5%

week playing out as CW,AOU and GOTG 2 get it to around 3.2m thursday , IW-3.4m thurs,

IM3-2.9m thurs

3rd Weekend

CW - 130.9% FRI ,69.8% SAT -33.6% SUN

AOU - 148.2% FRI, 71.7% SAT, -32.4% SUN

IW     - 131.8% FRI, 68.5% SAT, -28.9% SUN

IM3    - 188.2% FRI  62.1% SAT, -29.8% SUN

GOTG 2 - 135.8% FRI, 71.5% SAT, -26.5% SUN

DS2 thurs will probably be a little bigger but fri and sat jump will be weaker to compensate 

weekend should be around 28-33m 

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 2