EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/13-16) // 6.9m TG2, 13m JW:D Mon //

22 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Given the JWD weekday numbers... Is 400M becoming more in doubt? The numbers I'm hearing people speculate for Wednesday and Thursday would leave it nearly 15M behind JWFK going into the weekend and JWFK finished with 417M DOM.

More in doubt? I thought we’ve been expecting it under 400 for the whole of the last two weeks

39 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wait? Hot weather keeps people from theaters in Europe? Always great to catch a flick in a nice, cool theater. I didn't realize this... 

It’s too hot to watch a movie right now. We’ll maybe be back for Thor. We don’t know.

44 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wait? Hot weather keeps people from theaters in Europe? Always great to catch a flick in a nice, cool theater. I didn't realize this... 

In the UK and Ireland (and I'm sure in other Northern European countries), +30C sunny weather is enough of a rarity to make it feel like a national holiday... Packed pubs and parks = empty cinemas.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Sad but true here in Germany.

In my eyes, it is insane. No better place to cool down for a couple of hours than the air conditioned cinema...

Edited by MrHardapple

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

What would be the most watched final? England vs Germany? Brazil vs Argentina? Portugal vs Argentina? United States vs literally anyone.

Worldwide? Definitely Brazil vs Argentina...

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Brazil vs Germany would be my best guess for a most-watched final because of the 7:1 in 2014, that would ignite interest where other finals would probably more "normal" WC finals.

This is a very good argument. But a Brazil vs Argentina would definitely not be seen as a "normal" WC final. Also both have huge followings in places like Asia and Middle East...

1 minute ago, Flamengo81 said:

This is a very good argument. But a Brazil vs Argentina would definitely not be seen as a "normal" WC final. Also both have huge followings in places like Asia and Middle East...

Whole of South America would probably explode if such a finale happens.

8 minutes ago, solaris said:

In the UK and Ireland (and I'm sure in other Northern European countries), +30C sunny weather is enough of a rarity to make it feel like a national holiday... Packed pubs and parks = empty cinemas.

That is always so strange to hear as someone who lives in a place where 30C is normal for the winter. Could not imagine how is to live like that...

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Whole of South America would probably explode if such a finale happens.

Honestly... I think apart from Brazil and Argentina itself, it would explode more in Asian countries like India, Bangladesh, Indonesia and such. There is an insane level of support for both teams there, they are even more crazy than us...

17 minutes ago, solaris said:

I see. I thought people meant hot like it where I'm at where it's 97 degrees with a heat index of close to 110. Not that fun to be outside. 80s isn't bad. Just sounds like proper summer weather.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

If that 58% drop deadline is predicting comes to fruition we can finally put the “bad WOM” and “sampling error” shit to bed, right?

Id say yes. Fathers Day will obviously inflate its 2nd weekend though so we should keep that in mind.

Brazil vs. Germany would be the biggest because of their combined historic success and because of their relative sizes within two different regions - the largest European country that can realistically make it vs the largest country in the Americas that can realistically make it.

Portugal vs Argentina would be the biggest if the global sports world consumed "hype" and "storylines" like ESPN thought they did, though.

• Like 1

saw jurassic world today. thought it was fine. dumb fun. zero tension and goldblum and dern doing the most blasé "oh noooo a dinosaur" acting throughout was really funny.

btw i did the math probably elvis and thor are the only movies i'm gonna go see before august which means i'm only gonna have to suffer through that goddamn bullet train trailer two more times.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Brazil vs. Germany would be the biggest because of their combined historic success and because of their relative sizes within two different regions - the largest European country that can realistically make it vs the largest country in the Americas that can realistically make it.

Portugal vs Argentina would be the biggest if the global sports world consumed "hype" and "storylines" like ESPN thought they did, though.

Normally I would agree with the take, but Messi and Ronaldo have been very well built up over the past 15+ years which I feel makes them facing off a much bigger deal.

Anyway, it's pretty much hypothetical since the odds of both the teams making the finals is pretty much non-existent.

• Like 3