EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/13-16) // 6.9m TG2, 13m JW:D Mon //

https://deadline.com/2022/06/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-box-office-record-1235046883/

‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness’ Domestic Box Office Crosses $400M, 10th MCU Title To Do So

Movie Title Gross %YD %LW Theaters Per
Theater
Total
Gross
Days In
Release
- (3) Doctor Strange in the Mul… $700,961 -16% -32% 3,345 $210 $400,300,000 41
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Super early, but maybe $7.75m for JWD

The official numbers are not even out yet for Wednesday and here we are. The BOT gods giving us Thursday estimates. 

For super early numbers may be if you can share min and max early numbers as they can change over the course of the day? 

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Super early, but maybe $7.75m for JWD

Needs some overperformance in evening or night shows to not make it seem as disastrous as that early estimate. But then NBA decisive games is coming so…. 

14 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Ok so I’ve never tracked weekdays before, so is a 40 some odd percent Monday to Thursday drop good or bad? What’s the weekend looking like?

its normal for movies like JWD which has disastrous reviews and verified audience score of 78%. Not a recipe for long legs anyway. Plus threequels generally have worse legs. 

That said its still making good money WW and so I dont see a long wait for next Dino movie from Universal. I Hope they find some other director besides CT for next one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its normal for movies like JWD which has disastrous reviews and verified audience score of 78%. Not a recipe for long legs anyway. Plus threequels generally have worse legs. 

That said its still making good money WW and so I dont see a long wait for next Dino movie from Universal. I Hope they find some other director besides CT for next one. 

Trevorrow said in an interview recently that he wont return to the series as a director (which even i think is a very good idea). So whenever the next JW movie comes around, all signs are indicating a new approach (meaning new storyline/characters) so far which is imo exactly what is needed after Dominion.

24 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Ok so I’ve never tracked weekdays before, so is a 40 some odd percent Monday to Thursday drop good or bad? What’s the weekend looking like?

It's indicating that the GA isn't as enthusiastic as the uber-fans from this weekend, when everyone was discussing exits vs the A- score...

1 minute ago, Nublar7 said:

Not to be a downer, but is $350 million even a certainty for Dominion at this point? 

The thing is, this 2nd weekend drop would always have been the ugliest drop for it because of the drop from the 18M-previews-inflated OW + Lightyears arrival/Top Guns strong run + partial loss of PLF's, all of wich will look slighty better only thanks to Fathers Day.

Meaning even with WOM beeing on the weaker side, it isnt a certainty that Dominion will have terrible overall legs. Even with a 49M weekend (which would be a tragic numer) and an assumed 8M Thursday, it stands at 239M after Sunday. Giving it a very mediocre 2,3 legs after that (i.e. after the 49M weekend) would mean a finish at 351M.

So imo, sadly 350M is up in the air. Neither a certainty to reach nor impossible to pass.

There still also the possibility that it performs better over the weekend than i have assumed here. Hope is not lost yet.

43 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

TG2 should be around $5.8m for Thursday

I assume this is taking into account a potential NBA finals impact. Staying at 6m would be good to keep the possibility of a 10m Friday alive.