Eric the Minion

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Jungle Cruise looked dull but was still way better than Black Adam. Morbius was looking better than Black Adam.

I think the general reaction to the Black Adam trailer was that it looked dull and generic, not that it looked like Morbius 2.0.

Edited by ringedmortality

I don't care much for Black Adam. I think the movie is like 150-160 max. But I doubt it's some under 100m disaster. It's been test screening very recently and reception isn't bad (post reshoots). Reviews will be fine, probably. Like high 50s on metacritic, 60-70 on Rotten Tomatoes. In the last decade (2010s), only Pain and Gain (49.8m), Hercules (72m), Skyscraper (68m) and Baywatch (58m) are Rock's under 100m domestic films. 

The only under 100 domestic superhero movies during then:

2022: Morbius- 73m (a disaster)

2021: The Suicide Squad- 55m(HBO MAX)

2020: Birds of Prey- 84m

2019: Dark Phoenix- 65m (disaster)

2015: Fantastic 4- 56m (disaster)

2012: Ghost Rider 2- 51m (borderline disaster)

2010: Jonah Hex- 10.5m (disaster)

(New Mutants doesn't count. WW84 doesn't count but did 46m)

• Like 1

I don't think Black Adam will be a disaster, but right now 200M could not happen tbh. 

The trailer was very underwelming after years of promises, and it straight up flopped in views. 

For pretty much all movies trailer views doesn't matter much, but for an SH movie having low numbers? That's bad.

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

They don't mean much but Morbius trailer had 440K likes vs 380K of Black Adam 

Its the worst CBM trailer I have seen in a long time 

And it wasn't even a case where it did bad in a platform but better in other. YouTube was actually the best one because of ads.

On twitter even adding Dwayne page + DC page + Black Adam page it still didn't cross 6M views. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Its the worst CBM trailer I have seen in a long time 

I actually agree with this. Worst CBM trailer in a long time, and looks as horrendous as Morbius. I do expect it to gross more than Morbius just because of the Rock, but not much more..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I don't think Black Adam will be a disaster, but right now 200M could not happen tbh. 

The trailer was very underwelming after years of promises, and it straight up flopped in views. 

For pretty much all movies trailer views doesn't matter much, but for an SH movie having low numbers? That's bad.

The main trailer from the WB account has done like nearly 22m views on YouTube and it released at the same time on the main DC page as well that day and that account has 6.3m views. I wouldn’t say thats great by any means but it’s definitely not terrible for dc standards. On Twitter the views were definitely lower though. 

48 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Not that It really matters much but the black adam trailer released on both the main WB channel and DC channel at the same time and both accounts had 600k likes after day one. 

and like are we really gonna compare the two trailers when Vulture showed up in the first teaser for Morbius giving fans the illusion this movie might connect to the mcu. 

Also, if Black Adam is as bad as morbius is deserves to flop. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Everyone had one to two years of their lives "stolen" to some degree or another, they still shouldn't disrupt the movie for everyone else.  

It's a fucking Minions film, middle aged people can STFU about 'rowdy kids'.

Also, 2 years of youth going away is a much bigger loss than going into the pandemic at 52 and coming out at 54.

• Like 5
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Also, 2 years of youth going away is a much bigger loss than going into the pandemic at 52 and coming out at 54.

disagree strongly on both points. 

No one should be throwing stuff around and deliberately trying to ruin the film for other people. Remember they’re not being genuine with their reactions, it’s all a “bit” for attention and TikTok. 

Being 52-54 as you said, they could’ve lost time with already vulnerable parents and would have jobs/house/family to worry about. These guys just played Fortnite more. 

• Like 19
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah, this is a big fat no for me. Everyone lost 2 years and it doesn't excuse being an asshole.

• Like 16
  • Knock It Off 1

If I paid money to go see a movie and a bunch of teenagers decided to ruin it by hurling stuff around and throwing moshpits in front of the screen, I wouldn't excuse them by saying that they "lost two years because of the pandemic". Shitty behavior is still shitty behavior. It's not like it was considered okay before the pandemic.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 19
  • Knock It Off 1

The rock in a cinecomic can be uneventful in terms of trailer views cause he makes 5 blockbusters every year and it's not that thing you have to talk about .

But when the movie is out he makes the difference and he sells more tickets than  Jared Leto.

Edited by vale9001