Eric Prime

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

Don’t really get the appeal of TV.  Potentially a hundred or so episodes for a story that could like be told in a 2 hour movie? And where do people get the time to watch all these shows?

The appeal is you get much more time to develop your characters and you can go much more indepth in terms of story. TV has never been better than right now. There's a treasure trove of quality shows available, especially if you don't limit yourself to just stuff made in america. Don't know what's bad about having too much of a good thing. Maybe for content creators due to competition and having to fight for audiences' attention but not for the consumers. I watch more TV than movies these days because for me personally it's more satisfying, i'm more emotionally invested in the stories.

• Like 3

I can't even finish movies at home on streaming, let alone making it through multiple episodes and seasons of tv shows. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but for me, the big advantage movie theatres have over anything else is that you go in, the whole movie plays without interruption, and then you leave. At home I always get the urge to pause whatever I'm watching and instead just listen to some music and browse twitter or something instead. I have no idea how people watch so much narrative content.

Edited by lab276
  • Like 5

I will say some of the stuff multi-episode I *have* managed to finish are some documentaries. But I'm always left at the end thinking that these don't need to be four or five hours long, they could just be feature length and simply tell whatever story they're telling more efficiently.

‘Minions’ fans claim promo IHOP meals made them sick: ‘I gru’d my pants’. "Diarrhea for 4 days"

tiktok-minion-menu-ihop-99.jpg

TikTok user Caroline shared a video of her and a friend grabbing a meal at an IHOP earlier in the week, writing, “We just wanted to enjoy our minion meal.”

The limited-edition menu offers a mix of delightfully named items including Ba-Ba-Banana Pudding Pancakes, Cinna-Minions donut holes, Gru’s Evil Steakburger, Cold Gru Iced Coffee and more.

But instead of enjoying the novelty menu, the pair claimed to have ended up with food poisoning after ingesting what appears to be undercooked food including chicken nuggets, which aren’t listed on the special Minion menu.

“My body is shutting down,” Caroline wrote in a comment under the viral clip, which has been viewed more than 1.3 million times since it was posted late last week.

Followers expressed their sympathy for the duo, although some claimed they had also gotten sick from the food.

“I had the minion menu and I had diarrhea for 4 days,” one user alleged.

“I had the minions meal cold brew and gru’d my pants,” claimed another.

“Bro thats not even rare, that’s still running around in a field,” one user joked.

The Post has reached out to IHOP and Illumination Entertainment for comment.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/07/minions-fans-claim-promo-ihop-meals-made-them-sick-i-grud-my-pants/

Edited by vale9001

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

I've been saying this in multiple threads (that people might not be considering just how much COVID has thrown a monkey-wrench into the actual PROCESS of making movies) so I'm glad to see others thinking along the same lines.

I mean, I get it.  A lot of us have gotten back to a semblance of "normal".  But much of the entertainment industry either 1) hasn't or 2) didn't when these films were being developed, shot, and worked on.   And "semblance of normal" isn't "the same normal as it was before" anyway, by definition.

It's not so much that I give nearly all entertainment made the last couple of years a pass as it is that I take it into consideration when I'm sussing out what worked and what didn't.

It's not surprising me one whit that some entertainment made the last 18 months or so might be a bit more uneven or unfinished or unpolished as it was in the Before Times.

Sir

When do you think all this will get back to normal? Do you think BP2 will be another victim of this? 

Edited by Snitch of a rat

6 minutes ago, lab276 said:

I have no idea how people watch so much narrative content.

I turn the lights off, put on my high quality headset (when i'm alone) and turn the volume up. Easy. Nothing around me matters, i'm glued to the TV.

Some people seem to have an attention issue or get easily distracted. If it's in your own four walls, fine, do what you must. Unfortunately, some folks treat the movie theater as though it were their living room, to the dismay of others.

37 minutes ago, lab276 said:

I can't even finish movies at home on streaming, let alone making it through multiple episodes and seasons of tv shows. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but for me, the big advantage movie theatres have over anything else is that you go in, the whole movie plays without interruption, and then you leave. At home I always get the urge to pause whatever I'm watching and instead just listen to some music and browse twitter or something instead. I have no idea how people watch so much narrative content.

Sounds like you need some Ritalin.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

‘Minions’ fans claim promo IHOP meals made them sick: ‘I gru’d my pants’. "Diarrhea for 4 days"

tiktok-minion-menu-ihop-99.jpg

TikTok user Caroline shared a video of her and a friend grabbing a meal at an IHOP earlier in the week, writing, “We just wanted to enjoy our minion meal.”

The limited-edition menu offers a mix of delightfully named items including Ba-Ba-Banana Pudding Pancakes, Cinna-Minions donut holes, Gru’s Evil Steakburger, Cold Gru Iced Coffee and more.

But instead of enjoying the novelty menu, the pair claimed to have ended up with food poisoning after ingesting what appears to be undercooked food including chicken nuggets, which aren’t listed on the special Minion menu.

“My body is shutting down,” Caroline wrote in a comment under the viral clip, which has been viewed more than 1.3 million times since it was posted late last week.

Followers expressed their sympathy for the duo, although some claimed they had also gotten sick from the food.

“I had the minion menu and I had diarrhea for 4 days,” one user alleged.

“I had the minions meal cold brew and gru’d my pants,” claimed another.

“Bro thats not even rare, that’s still running around in a field,” one user joked.

The Post has reached out to IHOP and Illumination Entertainment for comment.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/07/minions-fans-claim-promo-ihop-meals-made-them-sick-i-grud-my-pants/

I guess someone forgot they need to prepare food for humans, not actual minions.

• Haha 1

And yet just the opposite of lab276... There's millions of people, myself included, who can binge watch an entire season of stranger things in one or two days depending on work.

I can watch Jaws for the 1700th time or like I said a season of stranger things and not have the urge to do anything else. Turn the lights off, close the door, have my snacks ready to go and boom you won't see me for six or seven hours LOL

• Like 3

Thor ending up around $350 million isn’t signs of MCU fatigue. It’s plainly that the movie is not very good.  

I do think there’s a ton riding on BP2, which needs to be a great movie or people will start to wonder if OW for every MCU is a wait and see approach. Right now, the good will is still there.  

Two great movies with BP2 and Quantummania and all will be well again. And we really do need to now know where we’re headed.  Hopefully an overall ‘endgame’ will show itself very soon for this phase 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 9

Yeah, with 70th percentile mcu reception this would be doing like 450-500. Did quite a nice preview for the weak reviews and low hype marketing. Interest in the verse is high… but people want to see great movies in that setting, not eh movies in that setting. Get back to that, soon, and this little speed bump will be lost to the sands of time.   

If they can’t get back to that, then *eventually* 

titanic night GIF

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Thor ending up around $350 million isn’t signs of MCU fatigue. It’s plainly that the movie is not very good.  

Not always. Sometimes a franchise maxes out and doesn't grow so no matter the quality it won't ourgross previous istallment by much. LOTR was that kind. Each movie was top quality and made more but not by leaps and bounds domestically (316M, 342M, 378M). For all w eknow, L&T can get A (indicating disparity between critics and audience) and still improve on Ragnarok by about 40-50M instead of 200M. 

Too early to tell. I think it'll challenge 400M cause Marvel movies stabilize in later run and field is pretty barren. 

• Haha 1