grim22

Weekend thread 7/15-7/17 | Actuals: Thor 4 46.63M, Minions 26.83, Crawdads 17.25, TGM 12.26, Elvis 8, Paws of Fury 6.31

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

He got suspended for being a jerk and then had a giant flaming meltdown on Twitter. I knew he was a narcissist blowhard but his complete lack of self-reflection is amazing — it’s like watching a monkey throw his own poop at a wall. 

This is why you need post here way more often. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Check the HBO Max thread. Insane show. Now trying to get my friends to watch this show (who are always skeptical of my recommendations eventhough they always like what I recommend).

I didn't really see anything mentioned in the HBO max thread, unless I went to the wrong place.

Looking elsewhere online, it seems all people have to say about  this show is one of the following;

* something about China inventing gunpowder

* drinking kids urine

* he got good grades and went to business school in canada

* HBO money

Haven't seen anything but a couple clips from Nathan For You. Watched the preview for this new show and don't really know what it's about. Looks like a reality show? Like Punk'd or those guys who prank people.

15 minutes ago, DAR said:

I will go to bat for Treasure Planet as a film every time 

It's one of the better Disney Animation movies from that particular time period of theirs, even if that's not saying much. Lilo & Stitch and to a lesser extent The Emperor's New Groove are the only titles from that era that aren't largely forgotten about today.

Finally saw JWD. What an absolute mess. I didn't like JW that much and I hated JWFK, but damn this new one is way worse. I had very low expectations going in and darn if it didn't even come close. I mean they spent 185 million dollars to produce the thing. The least they could have done is spend a few 100k on script doctors. Its like building a luxury car with a shit engine under the hood. Whats the point even? Oh yeah, its gonna make tens of millions in profit, so they don't really care. But it could have made them hundreds of millions in profit.

So I've been lurking/inactive for about a week now because unlike some people, BO numbers aren't the entirety of my existence, but what I can say is that the real tragedy of the past week has been Top Gun probably missing 700m :whosad:

Spoiler

No, but for real, after having been disappointed with both JWD and especially Thor's BO performance, Top Gun's dallies has been my one shining light for the past 2 months lmao, I think I might be going on hibernation until BP2 if things don't get better for this movie, but who knows, I'll probably lurk around for the vibes (better than Reddit anyways)

1 hour ago, Cheddar Please said:

So I've been lurking/inactive for about a week now because unlike some people, BO numbers aren't the entirety of my existence, but what I can say is that the real tragedy of the past week has been Top Gun probably missing 700m :whosad:

Hide contents

No, but for real, after having been disappointed with both JWD and especially Thor's BO performance, Top Gun's dallies has been my one shining light for the past 2 months lmao, I think I might be going on hibernation until BP2 if things don't get better for this movie, but who knows, I'll probably lurk around for the vibes (better than Reddit anyways)

Don't worry, it's still locked! 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

52 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

you can't really on one hand call EmpireCity irrelavent then have his numbers in the title, seems like he's living rent free in your heads

None of the numbers here are from EC since his ban.

Last year, since I didn't get my access activated, I reached him to provide me with raw numbers and I would provide early estimates, which he posted here.

I am still waiting for my original access, right now I have access to numbers after day end. EC is still giving me the raw numbers and I do have Sat numbers but I have decided it won't be fair to post here or anywhere since he and forum aren't on good terms.

The numbers I posted in last 3 days are from my end of day source and not EC.

The numbers in title are Studio estimates which Shawn shared yesterday.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3