Grebacio

Weekend Thread (9/22-24) | Weekend Estimates - DWD 19.35, Woman King 11, Avatar 10.5, Barbarian 4.8, See How They Run & Pearl 1.9

11 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i believe harry styles having the #1 song and movie in the same week week is the first time since Donald Glover w/ This is America and Solo. I know a couple other people have done it like Eminem, maybe Beyonce idk.

Not a singer, but this reminds me that when the first Santa Clause movie came out, Tim Allen had the #1 movie in America, the #1 TV show in America, and the #1 best-seller on the New York Times. There was a brief time in the 1990s where Tim Allen ruled the world. And that is terrifying

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, Eric from Progressive said:

Avatar's Friday # is real bad you guys. This film cost like a trillion dollars to make and will only get to a 13M opening? Looks like James Cameron won't ever show his face in town again :(

I guess they were right about the lack of cultural impact after all. Disney better cancel 3, 4 and 5 while they still can!

8 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

It is actually impressive for Avatar to outgross its entire extended edition run in just one weekend after 13 years of "Nobody cares Avatar!" and "Avatar left no cultural impact!". 

Avatar loons are buying multiple tickets like the scientologist did with Top Gun.

Don't ask me how I know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Deadline Anthony is on the defensive with this movie. The article is pathetic and embarrassing 

Personally, I think Don’t Worry Darling is the best movie I’ve seen all year, however, critics and awards prognosticators were out to get this movie from the moment light hit the screen on it. One rival awards illuminati thought I deserved an intervention for my love of the film; “It’s WandaVision!” he screamed at me. Sure, it’s not a perfect movie, but what’s unfortunate is that it seems that many assessed the film on its gossip swirl than the feature which it is.

Praying on this film's downfall purely for his Sunday spin/rant/freakout 

https://deadline.com/2022/09/box-office-dont-worry-darling-harry-styles-1235125578/

• Like 1