Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread (11/4-6) | Weekend Actuals: Black Adam 18.3, One Piece 9.5, Ticket 8.5, Smile 4, Devil 3.9

Watched One Piece Red and all i can say without spoilers is that...well UTA girl escalated that quickly.

I wonder if One Piece would be more mainstream in the US if it weren't for that godawful 4kids dub. That dub was so bad that i think called attention to how bad 4kids dubs were outside of Pokemon.

Edited by CrashBandicoot81

@Eric Carey @WrathOfHan it's November

24x:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Bullet Train Dolby, Beast Dolby, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Round 4 IMAX, Top Gun: Maverick Round 3 IMAX, Three Thousand Years of Longing Dolby, Orphan: First Kill, Bodies Bodies Bodies, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 3 Dolby, Jaws Round 2 IMAX, Barbarian Dolby, The Woman King Dolby, Confess, Fletch, Moonage Daydream IMAX, Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Avatar Round 4 IMAX 3D, See How They Run, Tár, Black Adam Dolby, Halloween Ends, Smile, Till, 8 Mile

17x:

Avatar: The Way of Water: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 35mm, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Round 2 IMAX, Top Gun: Maverick Dolby, The Bob’s Burgers Movie, Lightyear Dolby, Lightyear Round 2, Thor: Love and Thunder Dolby, Minions: The Rise of Gru, Thor: Love and Thunder Round 2, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Round 2 IMAX, Top Gun: Maverick Round 3 IMAX, Jaws Round 2 IMAX, Newsies, Selena, Avatar Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar Round 3 3D, Black Adam Dolby

14x:

The Menu: Benediction, Nope Dolby, Beast Dolby, Bodies Bodies Bodies, Barbarian Dolby, The Woman King Dolby, Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Avatar Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar Round 3 3D, Halloween Kills, See How They Run, Triangle of Sadness, Halloween Ends, 8 Mile

13x:

Black Adam: Jurassic World Dominion IMAX, Elvis Dolby, Thor: Love and Thunder Dolby, Thor: Love and Thunder Round 2 IMAX, Nope Round 2 IMAX, Beast Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 3 Dolby, The Woman King Dolby, Moonage Daydream IMAX, Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Avatar Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar Round 3 3D, Avatar Round 4 IMAX 3D, Bros

10x:

Strange World: Lightyear Dolby, Lightyear Round 2, Thor: Love and Thunder Dolby, Minions: The Rise of Gru, Thor: Love and Thunder Round 2 IMAX, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Round 2 IMAX, Newsies, Avatar Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar Round 3 3D, Avatar Round 4 IMAX 3D

8x:

Lyle Lyle Crocodile: Minions: The Rise of Gru, DC League of Super-Pets, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Round 2 IMAX, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 3 Dolby, Selena, Avatar Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar Round 3 3D, Avatar Round 4 IMAX 3D

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves: Top Gun: Maverick Round 3 IMAX, Orphan: First Kill, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 3 Dolby, Confess, Fletch, Avatar Round 2 Dolby, Avatar Round 3 3D, Black Adam Dolby, Smile

Devotion: Top Gun: Maverick Dolby, The Woman King Dolby, Confess, Fletch, Moonage Daydream IMAX, See How They Run, The Invitation, Smile, Till

7x:

I Wanna Dance with Somebody: The Woman King Dolby, Selena, The Invitation, Tár, Black Adam Dolby, Halloween Ends, 8 Mile

6x:

Oppenheimer: Nope Dolby, The Black Phone, Nope Round 2 IMAX, Bullet Train Dolby, Jaws Round 2 IMAX, Avatar Round 4 IMAX 3D

Amsterdam: Thor: Love and Thunder Dolby, Thor: Love and Thunder Round 2 IMAX, Three Thousand Years of Longing Dolby, Barbarian Dolby, Confess, Fletch, Avatar Round 4 IMAX 3D

Ticket to Paradise: Minions: The Rise of Gru, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Round 2 IMAX, Beast Dolby, Jaws Round 2 IMAX, Selena, Bros

Till: Nope Dolby, Bullet Train Dolby, Three Thousand Years of Longing Dolby, Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, A Journey, A Song, Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Wendell & Wild

The Fabelmans: Avatar Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar Round 3 3D, Bros, Tár, All Quiet on the Western Front, Till

5x:

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish: The Bad Guys, Lightyear Round 2, Minions: The Rise of Gru, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Round 2 IMAX, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 3

Babylon: Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Tár, Halloween Ends, Smile, Till

4x:

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Sing 2 Dolby, Belle Round 2, Morbius Dolby, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Dolby

Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One: Top Gun: Maverick Dolby, Jurassic World Dominion IMAX, Top Gun: Maverick Round 2, Elvis Dolby

Tár: The Woman King Dolby, Selena, Pearl, Halloween Kills

Armageddon Time: Avatar Round 3 3D, Tár, All Quiet on the Western Front, Triangle of Sadness

The Inspection: Pearl, Triangle of Sadness, Till, 8 Mile

3x:

Halloween Ends: Nope Dolby, Nope Round 2 IMAX, Orphan: First Kill
Triangle of Sadness: Moonage Daydream IMAX, Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Bros
Shazam! Fury of the Gods: DC League of Super-Pets, Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Black Adam Dolby

2x:

The Comeback Trail: Tenet Round 3 IMAX, Honest Thief Dolby
The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
The Little Mermaid: Avatar Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar Round 3 3D
Prey for the Devil: Nightmare Alley, Halloween Kills
Knock at the Cabin: Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Halloween Kills
She Said: The Woman King Dolby, See How They Run
The Return of Tanya Tucker: Featuring Brandi Carlile: Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, A Journey, A Song, All Quiet on the Western Front
Salvatore: Shoemaker of Dreams: Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, A Journey, A Song, Wendell & Wild
House Party: Black Adam Dolby, Halloween Ends
Bones & All: Halloween Kills, Smile
Creed III: Black Adam Dolby, Till
Violent Night: Halloween Ends, 8 Mile

1x:

Adhira: RRR
The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lightyear Dolby
Cuando Sea Joven: Confess, Fletch
MaXXXine: Pearl
To Leslie: In the Mood for Love 35mm
Something in the Dirt: Halloween Kills
Empire of Light: See How They Run
Facing Monsters: The Invitation
The Banshees of Inisherin: Tár
Spoiler Alert: Tár
Bardo, False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths: All Quiet on the Western Front
Call Jane: Wendell & Wild
White Noise: Wendell & Wild
All the Beauty and the Bloodshed: Triangle of Sadness
Broker: Triangle of Sadness
Plane: Black Adam Dolby
The Super Mario Bros. Movie: Black Adam Dolby
Aftersun: Decision to Leave 35mm
Please Baby Please: Decision to Leave 35mm
Laenor Will Never Die: Decision to Leave 35mm
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery: Halloween Ends
M3GAN: Halloween Ends
Women Talking: Till

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure Babylon currently takes the cake for the title of Most Overexposed Trailer simply because that and Dungeons & Dragons are the only movies Paramount is promoting right now. I've already gotten it like 5 times (Don't Worry Darling, Smile, Bros, Amsterdam, Ticket to Paradise) and fully expect it to be before the other adult dramas I'll be seeing over the next few weeks. There's probably a lot of contenders for that title this year though, simply because most of the studios put out so few movies in 2022.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure Babylon currently takes the cake for the title of Most Overexposed Trailer simply because that and Dungeons & Dragons are the only movies Paramount is promoting right now. I've already gotten it like 5 times (Don't Worry Darling, Smile, Bros, Amsterdam, Ticket to Paradise) and fully expect it to be before the other adult dramas I'll be seeing over the next few weeks. There's probably a lot of contenders for that title this year though, simply because most of the studios put out so few movies in 2022.

I wish Babylon was the trailer I keep on getting (I'm working on it Blanks and Han, don't worry). I was getting Black Adam before every movie for the last two months, and now I've been getting Shazam 2 for every movie for the past month. I just got it today with Banshees of Inisherin in fact.

• Like 1

Just now, Eric Carey said:

I wish Babylon was the trailer I keep on getting (I'm working on it Blanks and Han, don't worry). I was getting Black Adam before every movie for the last two months, and now I've been getting Shazam 2 for every movie for the past month. I just got it today with Banshees of Inisherin in fact.

WB having so few movies out this year (a grand total of...6) has meant they've had to submit the same movies for every new release. I also got the Don't Worry Darling trailer a bunch of times before Black Adam became their #1 attachment after it came out. Shazam! will likely be their main attachment for a while, at least until they begin promoting Magic Mike's Last Dance and can attach that with the prestige movies.

Disney is relentless with their previews. The Menu is the trailer I'm getting all the time now. Anything PG-13/R that's remotely considered for older audiences seemingly has that trailer booked in front of it. Black Panther and Avatar are basically before everything.

1 minute ago, datpepper said:

Disney is relentless with their previews. The Menu is the trailer I'm getting all the time now. Anything PG-13/R that's remotely considered for older audiences seemingly has that trailer booked in front of it. Black Panther and Avatar are basically before everything.

OMG The Menu. I got it like once before the movie Men, and now that's also a trailer I keep getting every single time I go. Granted I've been watching a lot of horror movies, but it's gotten so absurd.

• Like 1

@WrathOfHan @Blankments

14x:

Black Adam: Uncharted, The Batman, The Phantom of the Open, Elvis, Thor: Love and Thunder, Breaking, Jaws, The Woman King, Don't Worry Darling, Avatar, Pearl, The Lost Boys, Smile, Bros

8x:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: Bodies Bodies Bodies, Breaking, Jaws, Barbarian, Avatar, See How They Run, Pearl, Till

7x:

Ticket to Paradise: Mr. Malcolm's List, Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Breaking, Minions: The Rise of Gru, Jaws, Bros

Till: Nope, Bullet Train, Breaking, Three Thousand Years of Longing, The Woman King, Moonage Daydream, Ticket to Paradise

Shazam! Fury of the Gods: Minions: The Rise of Gru, DC League of Super Pets, Don't Worry Darling, See How They Run, Ticket to Paradise, Till, The Banshees of Inisherin

6x:

The Menu: Men, The Lost Boys, Bros, Ticket to Paradise, Dawn of the Dead 3D, The Banshees of Inisherin

Strange World: Lightyear, Thor: Love and Thunder, Marcel the Shell with Shoes On, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Minions: The Rise of Gru, DC League of Super Pets

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish: The Bad Guys, Lightyear, Marcel the Shell, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Minions: The Rise of Gru, DC League of Super Pets

5x:

Lyle Lyle Crocodile: Marcel the Shell, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Minions: The Rise of Gru, DC League of Super Pets, Avatar

Halloween Ends: Nope, Barbarian, Pearl, The Lost Boys, Smile

The Fabelmans: Bros, Tar, Ticket to Paradise, Till, The Banshees of Inisherin

She Said: Where the Crawdads Sing, The Woman King, See How They Run, Moonage Daydream, Ticket to Paradise

4x:

Amsterdam: Vengeance, Emily the Criminal, Barbarian, Avatar

Tar: Vengeance, The Woman King, Don't Worry Darling, Smile

Prey for the Devil: The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, Pearl, The Lost Boys, Smile

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Dog, Uncharted, The Guide, RRR

3x:

Triangle of Sadness: Don't Worry Darling, See How They Run, Pearl

Bones and All: The Lost Boys, Smile, Dawn of the Dead 3D

The Inspection: Pearl, Till, The Banshees of Inisherin

I Wanna Dance with Somebody: The Woman King, Don't Worry Darling, Bros

Oppenheimer: Nope, Jaws, Avatar

2x:

Armageddon Time: Moonage Daydream, Tar

Devotion: Phantom of the Open, The Woman King

Spoiler Alert: Bros, Tar

Empire of Light: See How They Run, The Banshees of Inisherin

Avatar: The Way of Water: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder

Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom: Uncharted, The Batman

The Flash: Uncharted, The Batman

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lightyear, Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris

1x:

Spoiler

Call Jane: Emily the Criminal

The Banshees of Inisherin: Moonage Daydream

Bardo: Tar

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Story: Ticket to Paradise

The Son: The Banshees of Inisherin

Women of Light: Till

Babylon: Smile

Living: Till

A Man Called Otto: The Banshees of Inisherin

M3gan: Dawn of the Dead 3D

House Party: Dawn of the Dead 3D

Plane: Dawn of the Dead 3D

Knock at the Cabin: Don't Worry Darling

Jesus Revolution: Ticket to Paradise

Creed III: Till

John Wick: Chapter 4: Bullet Train

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves: Smile

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1: Top Gun: Maverick

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre: The King's Man

The Unbreakable Boy: King Richard

White Bird: A Wonder Story: Thor: Love and Thunder

Feels so good to never see a Black Adam trailer again. Can't wait for Fabelmans and The Menu to come out so I'll never see those trailers again.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, datpepper said:

The Menu is the other trailer I've gotten before everything over the past three months lmao. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eric Carey said:

OMG The Menu. I got it like once before the movie Men, and now that's also a trailer I keep getting every single time I go. Granted I've been watching a lot of horror movies, but it's gotten so absurd.

I'm at 14 times with it! I initially got it only in front of horror/thriller stuff, but now I get it in front of dramas and comedies too. The amount of times I've heard "What are we eating, a Rolex?" or "Please don't say mouthfeel" (Each time, Anya sounded like she was saying "mouthful" instead and it kept throwing me off until I finally saw the trailer with captions)... it's too much.

Edited by datpepper

All I want whenever I see all these dramas that I'm seeing over the next couple of weeks (The Fabelmans, She Said, Devotion) is to see the M3GAN trailer just to see how the older crowds that I'll likely be seeing them with react to it.

M3gan Megan GIF - M3gan Megan M3gan Doll GIFs

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eric Carey said:

I've had Babylon a couple of times so far. But that Oppenheimer teaser, son of a bitch is following me, had it probably close to 30 times already! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, datpepper said:

The Menu and Babylon for me too, I feel like they’ve been before every film I’ve seen the last few weeks. 

2 hours ago, babz06 said:

Shazam will definitely take the title of most overexposed trailer since WB is basically non existent for the rest of this year and the first quarter of next year. 

I’ve yet to see the Shazam trailer in cinemas, it didn’t even play before Black Adam. 

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I've had Babylon a couple of times so far. But that Oppenheimer teaser, son of a bitch is following me, had it probably close to 30 times already! 

Oh god, I forgot about that, it shows before every film here, for the past 3 months at least. I’ve noticed they update the timer too.