Eric is Anxious

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

56 minutes ago, Cap said:
  • Omg hold on
  • i need to watch that again 
  • I think.. just one more time
  • And let’s just make it an even five. You fuck him up, Jamie Lee!!!
  • Judy is back.  “Don’t watch the blah blah blah” play with meeeee
  • 472B3AD4-F009-452B-AA07-88A902F32F24.jpeg
  • I can’t imagine how this terrorist plot played in the 90s (but I can gather from the article Porthos posted). Now though, 😬😬😬😬😬😬
  • I can’t believe the same movie that had the 10/10 horse chase also has the 0/10 “gun falls down the stairs in slow mo” set piece.
  • How are they in the Florida Keys? How are they not noticed yet? I have so many logic questions. The keys aren’t that big. 
  • But it doesn’t matter cause we got our Smokey haze of helicopters coming in at magic hour. Fuck yeah, love the 80s!!
  • Wait don’t they have a live bomb? Why are we shooting at a live bomb?
  • Okay. That bridge sequence was money.
  • Mom must have been talking about the limo flight. Who doesn’t love the Maxim version of female empowerment?
  • I still hate him
  • WAIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MOVIE?
  • (also if you are going to do that, why is that not the END?)

• This third act is so unnecessary 
  • why are we on the yellow thing?
  • I hope they all die
  • Why are we repeating the same gag?
  • No. Just no
  • I am kind of gagged. Bad FX shots in a Cameron movie. Are we sure he directed this?
  • I hope that Jamie Lee Curtis gets a divorce and her daughter into therapy!!!!!!
  • YESSS OKAY NEVERMIND GREAT ENDING. FEAR IS NOT AN OPTION!
  • You still are not giving me full body or feet. we are so close to feet. There they are!!!

THAT WAS GARBAGE!!!!! Painfully unfunny. Sexist crap. Second and third act baaaaaaad. The horse did not deserve to be such in such a mound of crap

The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

I am going to bleach my eyes with ghost of the abyss. And then I need to figure out what to watch next.  I have Aliens, The Abyss, Avatar, and Piranha. I said I was not gonna watch Titanic, because I watched it last weekend. But I’m kind of tempted to be like fuck it. I’m gonna watch Titanic because it’s the best one!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 2

9 minutes ago, Cap said:
  • This third act is so unnecessary 
  • why are we on the yellow thing?
  • I hope they all die
  • Why are we repeating the same gag?
  • No. Just no
  • I am kind of gagged. Bad FX shots in a Cameron movie. Are we sure he directed this?
  • I hope that Jamie Lee Curtis gets a divorce and her daughter into therapy!!!!!!
  • YESSS OKAY NEVERMIND GREAT ENDING. FEAR IS NOT AN OPTION!
  • You still are not giving me full body or feet. we are so close to feet. There they are!!!

THAT WAS GARBAGE!!!!! Painfully unfunny. Sexist crap. Second and third act. The horse did not deserve to be such in such a mound of crap

The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

I am going to bleach my eyes with ghost of the abyss. And then I need to figure out what to watch next.  I have Aliens, The Abyss, Avatar, and Piranha. I said I was not gonna watch Titanic, because I watched it last weekend. But I’m kind of tempted to be like fuck it. I’m gonna watch Titanic because it’s the best one!!!

Cap, i have two suggestions for you to wash away the bad feelings for True Lies. Two movies that can heel your shattered faith in movie quality. My suggestions are Jurassic Park or Jurassic World. Both movies are amazing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

The Abyss is great and underrated.

It’s my favorite Cameron picture.

Or at least tied with Titanic. (I am a Millennial Girl. Titanic is just Titanic, you know.)

It’s why I’m saving it for last. Because I want to end on a good note.

• Like 1

Just now, Cap said:

It’s my favorite Cameron picture.

Or at least tied with Titanic. (I am a Millennial Girl. Titanic is just Titanic, you know.)

It’s why I’m saving it for last. Because I want to end on a good note.

T2 is hands down my favorite. I’m not a big fan of T1 but I know T2 lines by heart lol.

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

T2 is hands down my favorite. I’m not a big fan of T1 but I know T2 lines by heart lol.

Terminator 2 has probably my favourite ever opening credits sequence ever:

The combination of the music + the visuals is pure art.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Cap, i have two suggestions for you to wash away the bad feelings for True Lies. Two movies that can heel your shattered faith in movie quality. My suggestions are Jurassic Park or Jurassic World. Both movies are amazing.

Is this the one of the best scenes in cinema history, or the best scene in cinema history?

that 👏 music 👏 cue

Spoiler

I mean, it’s pretty amazing, but we know the real answer. 🥺

• Like 2