Eric is Anxious

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The only thing baffling to me is how they'll be able to simply ignore Joseph Kosinski as director while giving so much love for the movie he made. 

Same goes for Dune last year.

I agree, but difference is Dune was a surprising snub that most were predicting a directing nomination while Kosinski is most definitely not getting nominated, he's not nominated even in precursors that nominates like 10 directors.. 

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yeah. People hardly talk about him. It's mostly cruise 😅

He's a quiet dude who just does what he does and he's not hyping himself like many other directors, so it's not helping him to get the attention necessary for a nom and Cruise takes all the shine for it.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

Just now, Korra Legion said:

The Way of Air would make 2.8B

I think what Cameron should do is make the Avatar series a TV show after the 5th movie. Would be cool if we see the Avatars learning to live in new environments, you know, balancing the elements and such, bending what Television can achieve. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, eddyxx said:

To be fair,1.5 billion is nothing to sneeze at and more than every other film this year. Disney would love to have another franchise making that every 2 years or so.

Oh sure. I'm just thinking about the investment, these are not cheap movies. 1.5 billion and Disney probably says "go with god, Jim" and writes him a big fat check since that'll probably mean 3/4/5 all make a billion dollars too. Less than that and I can see them getting cold feet, or at least slashing the budget of 4 and 5.

I think EEAO is wining the Oscar race. It has every necessary element to win the race. 

1. Huge Indie hit

2. Critically acclaimed

3. A showcase to the public that Academy can award a naughty, sci-fi action film. Make Oscar cool again!

4. Diversity

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

fabelmans is so not winning best picture exactly the type of movie that gets hyped up as an easy favourite and falls short it happens every year and it's like, super obvious that's what's going to happen there.

I agree, it's clearly not winning Best Picture. It's either EEOAA or Banshees with Maverick as a dark horse of the race pundists dismiss.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I think what Cameron should do is make the Avatar series a TV show after the 5th movie. Would be cool if we see the Avatars learning to live in new environments, you know, balancing the elements and such, bending what Television can achieve. 

He already talked about it. But budget needed and time spent for it would not work for TV model yet. If technology develops further avatar series and spinoffs are definitely coming 

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

fabelmans is so not winning best picture exactly the type of movie that gets hyped up as an easy favourite and falls short it happens every year and it's like, super obvious that's what's going to happen there.

The Fabelmans seems to have even less passion toward it than Belfast and I didn't think that was possible.  Despite the strong narrative, I'm not sure about Spielberg in director either; I have the Daniels winning, and Cameron might have a shot as well (but could also be snubbed Villenueve style).

BP is most definitely between EEAAO and Banshees 

Edited by NCsoft
  • ...wtf 1