charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

How much would TWOW’s 2nd weekend have been if not for the storm? $10m more? $20m more? 

(it’s a thought exercise I do sometimes for The Dark Knight (since the Aurora tragedy probably impacted that OW))

I think the WOKJ guys were right all along about TWOW’s domestic  - $550-$600m is in the cards.  

3 minutes ago, lilmac said:

How much would TWOW’s 2nd weekend have been if not for the storm? $10m more? $20m more? 

(it’s a thought exercise I do sometimes for The Dark Knight (since the Aurora tragedy probably impacted that OW))

I think the WOKJ guys were right all along about TWOW’s domestic  - $550-$600m is in the cards.  

1-2% increase, if any at all. No where near 10M or 20M. Most of what was missed Thurs/Friday/Saturday was picked up Sunday/Monday. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

How do you figure?

Saturday smaller drop than usual because the pattern corrected vs the smaller totals than expected Thurs/Friday. Sunday bigger jump than usual to account for the additional spillover from earlier in the week. Monday hit the expected number, hence the much smaller jump vs Sunday compared to R1. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

1-2% increase, if any at all. No where near 10M or 20M. Most of what was missed Thurs/Friday/Saturday was picked up Sunday/Monday. 

We’ll never know for sure, but I’m still of the opinion that most of that “lost” business is being “found” now (Wed/Thu/Fri) rather than Sun/Mon

• Like 1

Yeah it seems unrealistic that such a storm had barely any impact. Or that almost all of it was recovered for SUN or MON (especially since PLFs for these days would already be pretty full good seats wise before the weekend) . Almost all the lost walk ins maybe. It probably lost a non negligable amount thats idk 80% covered by now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I think the amount of the 2nd weekend lost to the storm will forever be unknowable. You can always point to some data that supports your gut, but there's no sound empirical way to test it. 

Perhaps not but there’s definitely nothing in the numbers we’ve gotten the last 4 days that suggest the 2nd weekend was missing “10 or 20 million”.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Perhaps not but there’s definitely nothing in the numbers we’ve gotten the last 4 days that suggest the 2nd weekend was missing “10 or 20 million”.

20 does seem like a stretch. 10 doesn't seem that outlandish to me, though, if the missing business was spread out over the next few days. Since we don't have a good way to find out just how much of the lost business was added back, and when it was added back, it's hard to draw firm conclusions. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

TWOW might be Zoe Saldana's 4th 2B+ movie:

Avengers Infinity War (2018) - 2.04B
Avengers Endgame (2019) - 2.79B
Avatar The Way of Water (2022) - 2.0B+

When you look at her big budget filmography. My goodness. She’s in many of the Top 100 all time grossing movies. 

Queen