XXR vs XXR

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

Just now, stuart360 said:

Well Cameron starts filming again next month, and that was confirmed by someone on here who knows someone working on the films.

So i think 2026 isnt dead, with A3 already being filmed, and Weta hard at work doing the visuals for A3.

We will have to see i suppose.

You sure they didn't mean they start post-production for Avatar 3 in Jan 2023? I'm not sure they'll be doing

2 minutes ago, Agafin said:

That's actually better than the Friday Christmas day imo, the latter is overrated because of Avatar. The one you mentioned is the Titanic configuration and is better. But even that one isn't the best imo.

The best holiday configuration imo is Tuesday Christmas day. That way you get five day weekends consecutively (Dec 21-25 and Dec 28-Jan1) and the entirety of the holiday frame is at nearly 100% capacity. That is the Fellowship of the Rings configuration.

Ok that's pretty juicy

3 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

If they finish post production on A3 next year (2023) and start filming A4 in 2024, I think they can make it with A4 getting released in 2024.

Guessing you meant 2026 where I boldened. It seemed like they took other a year to do the post-production on Avatar 2, I'm not sure they could make 2023 for A3

1 hour ago, Agafin said:

So which one is going to be more difficult to top in the future, Endgame's OW or TFA's third weekend?

It's obvious all these records will go down in the same run.

$400m OW opening Dec 18th.

$200m second weekend

$150m third weekend

$1 billion domestic in 14 days

2 minutes ago, Agafin said:

That's actually better than the Friday Christmas day imo, the latter is overrated because of Avatar. The one you mentioned is the Titanic configuration and is better. But even that one isn't the best imo.

The best holiday configuration imo is Tuesday Christmas day. That way you get five day weekends consecutively (Dec 21-25 and Dec 28-Jan1) and the entirety of the holiday frame is at nearly 100% capacity. That is the Fellowship of the Rings configuration.

I mean, it depends on what you want to achieve. If you want to have the best 3rd weekend with premiere the friday before Christmas, you would want NYD to be the a Friday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It's obvious all these records will go down in the same run.

$400m OW opening Dec 18th.

$200m second weekend

$150m third weekend

$1 billion domestic in 14 days

Avatar 3 is released on the 20th of Dec not 18th

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You sure they didn't mean they start post-production for Avatar 3 in Jan 2023? I'm not sure they'll be doing

I mean it could be yeah. Its just i read an article that said Cameron is starting FILMING again in jan. I posted it on here and a user replied and said 'i can confirm thats true as i know someone who is part of the production team'.

So its hard to say for sure.

1 (1) Avatar: The Way of Water 20th Century… $24,440,000 +21% +27% 4,202 $5,816 $382,557,914 15
2 (2) Puss in Boots: The Last Wish Universal $6,460,000 +13% +70% 4,121 $1,568 $50,867,330 10
3 (3) Black Panther: Wakanda Fo… Walt Disney $1,820,000 +14% +84% 2,310 $788 $434,965,653 50

Kinda was expecting that Puss in Boots would have a better increase than Avatar today as previous days it was holding stronger than it. But I am very glad with this result and hopefully this is enough for PiB to surpass 16M +30% this weekend.

That being said, glad Avatar is doing great and should actually have a higher third weekend then second. +4.6% from 2nd to third if it holds like Rogue One.

Edited by Alex SciChannel

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Guessing you meant 2026 where I boldened. It seemed like they took other a year to do the post-production on Avatar 2, I'm not sure they could make 2023 for A3

You are probably right based on what history tells us. I just hope it releases on 2026.