Cabin in the Woods

59 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I liked the first act and third act of the movie. second act fall flat. I hated the characters in the film they so damn annoying. I did not find this film funny not all. I was intense and the score worked well with the film.5.5/10

The first act: normal horror movieThe Second act: parody of horror moviesThe Third act: comedy with greek mythology

It starts of simply enough. 4 young co-eds go out to r remote cabin for a weekend of partying. Little do we know how far from the traditional horror formula this film would go. In order to keep it spoiler free, I will just say that I was more surprised the Richard Jenkins-Bradley Whitford storyline then what was under the cabin

Yeah, this was pretty crazy. Did not see most of it coming. One of the most enjoyable times I had at a movie theater. B+

You know there's a major error when Marty dies, the blood drips down the pipe thingy anyway. And what, they have pipes everywhere to catch dripping blood?I thought it was hilarious in parts, but unlike everyone else, I don't think the start was very good. It wasn't that funny and it wasn't scary, and in fact, the kills were pretty generic except Thor smashing into the barrier.Also for an otherwise original movie, they wanted to use generic zombie redneck killers?

Also for an otherwise original movie, they wanted to use generic zombie redneck killers?

"This is zombie redneck torture family, they're an entirely different species. Like an elephant and an elephant fish." It was totally worth it just for that line.

Solid B+

Bradley Whitford/Richard Jenkins made the film. They could have done a whole film based on the compound alone and it would have been gold.

The Ancient Ones must be a tough crowd if the massive slaughter of an entire underground compound does nothing to impress them while a single stoner surviving gets them all on their period.

• Like 4

I don't think it's as smart as it thinks it is.It may not even be better than Scream. Not sure there's anything else besides these two worth considering in the category in the last decade. Whilst the end is flat out maddening I'm not sure the entire construct and tonal shift works especially since it's pretty subdued and typical in the first half, and the hamming up wasn't really around.

F

I would like to say very rude things to you right now, but for your sake I won't...The Movie is fun, sure it starts off like any other horror movie and trys to make you think that it is, but it pays off. I found this very rewatchable and I've heard and seen this on many forums already too but yes the end did make me think of thirteen Ghosts but still very cool, Rewatched the ending serveral times now and I still love it, and yes thor's death was hilarious, and we all see it coming, which makes it even more great. and Marty had to live and im so glad it was him! if anyone else had written this film I think it proberly would have went pretty badly so Thumbs Way Up for an Entertainig and yet different Film. and yes the ending was excellent the last moments are breathless and you really don't know what to think on theese points because so much has happened you didnt expect, Fun, Funny, and Entertaining. 8/10