kayumanggi

2024 Box Office Predictions and Discussion

Top 10 Domestic:

1. Beyond the Spider-Verse ($516M)

2. Deadpool 3 ($405M)

3. Inside Out 2 ($385M)

4. Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part Two ($384M)

5. Snow White ($281M)

6. Despicable Me 4 ($280M)

7. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 ($276M)

8. Thunderbolts ($250M)

9. Joker: Folie à Deux ($248M)

10. Captain America: Brave New World ($220M)

given that BTSV prob isn't releasing next year i think we're bound to see a decrease from whatever 2023's gross ends up as.

7 hours ago, Flip said:

You think Spiderverse is only going to increase 25m off one of the most acclaimed superhero movies of all time that ended on a cliffhanger like Infinity War?

I mean I don't think it's going to come out, but yeah, I don't think it had a generational ending like Endgame had, I think it more pissed people I know off. It'll do great though!

Beyond the Spider-Verse could be a November release.

I think the "It's moving to 2027 because one animator said so!!!" comments are overblown and ridiculous.

Odds are Sony just crunches the animators, which is unfortunate but I doubt anything changes.

That said, I think a billion is on the table.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 1

Just realized there's nothing currently scheduled for June 21 next year other than an untitled Universal movie (not happening since they don't have much that'll be ready then unless The Fall Guy is moving to the summer). I'm guessing Furiosa ends up taking that date since it's currently set for Memorial Day weekend opposite Planet of the Apes, and one of them will obviously blink. The whole year is due for a shake up because of the strike causing a production backlog.

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I mean I don't think it's going to come out, but yeah, I don't think it had a generational ending like Endgame had, I think it more pissed people I know off. It'll do great though!

If it pissed people off then the audience reception wouldn’t be as stellar as it is. People likely were a little miffed, but definitely more invested in the outcome of the cliffhanger

On 7/9/2023 at 9:00 AM, Bob Train said:

Beyond the Spider-Verse could be a November release.

I think the "It's moving to 2027 because one animator said so!!!" comments are overblown and ridiculous.

Odds are Sony just crunches the animators, which is unfortunate but I doubt anything changes.

That said, I think a billion is on the table.

ah a fellow across the billi-verse believer

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Spider-Verse ain't coming out next year. Apparently they have barely started animating and no lines have been recorded. Hell I think it could be delayed to 2026 or beyond

Probably not but until they change the date, our predictions are limited to the data available.

4 hours ago, XXR Dar-Benn said:

Domestic CBM Predictions (assuming everything stays on its current release date)...

Madame Web = $80M

Deadpool 3 = $510M

Venom 3 = $175M

Cap 4 = $260M

Kraven = $60M

Joker 2 = $320M

Thunderbolts = $250M

Web - $75M

Deadpool - $400M

V3NOM - $225M

Cap 4 - $250M

Kraven - $55M

Joker 2 - $350M

Thunderbolts - $200M

NEW DATES

February
14 | MADAME WEB

March

15 | DUNE II

29 | GHOSTBUSTERS II

April

12 | GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

August
30 | KRAVEN THE HUNTER

December
13 | KARATE KID THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM

REMOVED

March

29 | SPIDER-MAN: BEYOND THE SPIDER-VERSE 

August
30 | THEY LISTEN

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

So what do we think will be the biggest flop of the next year? I don't think anyone is expecting Kraven the Hunter to do well but it doesn't look all that expensive either. I'm kind of getting Flash vibes from Madame Web though. A huge multiverse type of movie which could easily go south with Sony's track record. Other than that, I'm not really sure. Maybe Ghostbusters? I really enjoyed Afterlife but I don't see a lot of demand for a sequel.

36 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

So what do we think will be the biggest flop of the next year? I don't think anyone is expecting Kraven the Hunter to do well but it doesn't look all that expensive either. I'm kind of getting Flash vibes from Madame Web though. A huge multiverse type of movie which could easily go south with Sony's track record. Other than that, I'm not really sure. Maybe Ghostbusters? I really enjoyed Afterlife but I don't see a lot of demand for a sequel.

Snow White, Madame Web, Mufasa, Thunderbolts, Kraven, Cap 4, LOTR, and Transformers One are possibilities. I think Snow White, Kraven, and Madame Web have the most red flags.

I don't think it will be as much of a flop-heavy year as 2023 is because there are no DCEU movies set to release.

However, the strikes will likely cause some movies to be of Revenge of the Fallen, Quantum of Solace quality, which could hurt.

Edited by Bob Train

I don't think it'll be delayed all the way to 27 but the longer the strikes go on the longer it takes for them to actually get started on the movie, so I don't think there's any way Spiderverse comes out during the next calendar year. Maybe spring/summer 25 though.

I'm also predicting WDA's 24 project will get bumped because of the SAG strike and Pixar's projects will get shifted to later in the year to balance out the slate, and maybe give them a little more time to finish if they still had any story issues they need the actors to come back and rerecord for.

• Like 1