Eric Prime

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

14 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

$5.6M is a disaster result for Fast X...over 70% drop from true FRI last week.

Yeah legs look really bad. 150m looks bit hard now.

5.6m vs 8.3m (F9), also already 11m behind.

27 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You're right. Latinos universally love black people. 

Lmao right when Halle’s casting was first announced some of the most racist shit I saw was from latinos 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Lmao right when Halle’s casting was first announced some of the most racist shit I saw was from latinos 

Nah I lived in LATAM for a few years. I saw Bad Boys Forever and US in sold out theaters in LATAM. There are racists everywhere, please stop acting like every country is racists besides the US because the movie is flopping or getting bad feedback in those countries.

Something that's important to note is that a lot of the actresses who are dubbing Halle in those countries are awful. A lot of Halle's praise in the US involves her voice. The Asian and LATAM voice overs can't hold a candle to Halle, hearing those women I'd be mad too! Musicals are hard to translate in other countries

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joselowe said:

Nah I lived in LATAM for a few years. I saw Bad Boys Forever and US in sold out theaters in LATAM. There are racists everywhere, please stop acting like every country is racists besides the US because the movie is flopping or getting bad feedback in those countries.

Something that's important to note is that a lot of the actresses who are dubbing Halle in those countries are awful. A lot of Halle's praise in the US involves her voice. The Asian and LATAM voice overs can't hold a candle to Halle, hearing those women I'd be mad too! Musicals are hard to translate in other countries

You watching bad boys doesn’t change all the racist Spanish posts I saw about Halle 🤣

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You're right. Latinos universally love black people. 

+ white ppl exist in LATAM too coz of colonialism.

Ofc as joselowe said, there are other reasons like weak dubbing and Disney dropping the ball in general when it comes to marketing. The film is supposed to be a 100 times more magical than the promos made it out to be. DOM won back fans, especially black women, thanks to Halle's charm and charisma on all of her press round appearances. Ppl OS who aren't following her media rounds have less incentive to check the film out.

Edited by Spidey Freak

Waiting for ethnicity data but assuming TLM has 30% African American and finalise at $325M, that would mean non-Black total of ~$225M which will be around half of BATB.

Overseas won’t be too far off from 50% of BATB & that’s with big underperformance in China, Korea and likely Japan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joselowe said:

So what other Disney remake recieved this amount of venom or anywhere close?

You think there's no reason people bashed this movie before they even saw it? Why it's getting review bombed so bad that even imdb changed their review system?

Why didn't this happen with Aladdin or BatB?

• Like 1

I still think Uni will do 11 and 12 for Fast. It is their highest grossing franchise after all. They just need to shoot it back to back or simultaneously to keep costs down.

Fast X would have been profitable had the director not quit and the budget not ballooned.

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You think there's no reason people bashed this movie before they even saw it? Why it's getting review bombed so bad that even imdb changed their review system?

Beacuse Aladdin and BatB are visually more faithful to their original counterparts... and more colorful too

Pinocchio and PPandW where trashed hard too but those are D+ production so I don't count them much

Edited by Boxx93

5 minutes ago, ban1o said:

You watching bad boys doesn’t change all the racist Spanish posts I saw about Halle 🤣

I'm sure there are more racist posts and videos from the USA about Halle! Just search YouTube, the top posts/most viewed videos about TLM are racist Americans talking about woke culture and attacking Halle and her looks. Theres a whole boycott against Disney and their films in the US right now for them being too "woke" because of their support for diversity and the LGBT community.

Anyways back to the subject of this thread, I actually think this is going to pull great numbers in Mexico and Brazil

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Emma Watson and Will Smith! Those films had star power, Will replaced Robin Williams as Genie, but because of his star power it was well received by audiences.

As I said earlier if Zendaya had been cast as Ariel this film wouldn't get half the backlash it's getting now.

So is posible that TLM movie don't grab the attention of the general audience. Others disney movies were made like some say before, more colorful and enjoyable. Here in the states will have a good opening and around the world a no so good. No all is about racism 

• Like 2