Eric Duncan

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

11 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Pretty disappointing. This summer is gonna be so sad. No big breakouts

We should probably wait for the holiday weekend to play out a bit before making any real judgement for Little Mermaid. Remember Aladdin's Thursday preview number something like 7.0M~ I think? Then, it almost hit 117M~ for the holiday weekend.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

We should probably wait for the holiday weekend to play out a bit before making any real judgement for Little Mermaid. Remember Aladdin's Thursday preview number something like 7.0M~ I think? Then, it almost hit 117M~ for the holiday weekend.

on BOT:hahaha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 13
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

The weekend thread can't get to 100 pages with thinking like that.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

There is no fun in waiting. I want rage and panic and anger and people melting down over random box office numbers.

Where are my About My Father and Kandahar previews?!

• Haha 2

One thing we can say with certainty is that compared to Jungle Book and Aladdin, TLM will gross around 150M less between Korea, China and India. Will have to make up ground in European markets to come close to 1B.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

One thing we can say with certainty is that compared to Jungle Book and Aladdin, TLM will gross around 150M less between Korea, China and India. Will have to make up ground in European markets to come close to 1B.

1 billion looks impossible. International numbers look to be more more than 300m 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Margaret Qualley can be my dominatrix any day. Take my money. Call me a slut. All of those things.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

Throwback to the $6M opening of The Little Mermaid in 1989 on 994 screens. 

WEEKEND BOX OFFICE : Murphy’s ‘Nights’ Overtakes ‘Talking’

By DANIEL CERONE 

Eddie Murphy’s “Harlem Nights” led a blockbuster weekend in which the Top 10 pictures grossed $52 million, up 48% for the same weekend last year. Paramount’s “Harlem Nights” grossed $16 million on 2,180 screens. After four weeks in the No. 1 slot, Tri-Star’s “Look Who’s Talking” slipped a notch. Disney’s animated “The Little Mermaid” opened strongly at $6 million, followed by Tri-Star’s ensemble drama “Steel Magnolias” with $5.4 million on 480 screens. Don Bluth’s “All Dogs Go to Heaven” (MGM/UA) finished No. 5 with $4.7 million.

* Orion’s “Valmont,” director Milos Forman’s version of “Les Liaisons Dangereuses,” opened on seven screens for $96,008, a per-screen average of $13,715. Last year’s “Dangerous Liaisons” averaged $28,150 on three screens over Christmas weekend.

Weekend Gross/ Screens/ Weeks in Movie (Studio) Total (millions) Average Release 1. “Harlem Nights” $16 2,180 1 (Paramount) $16 $7,384 2. “Look Who’s Talking” $8.5 1,651 6 (Tri-Star) $120 $5,171 3. “The Little Mermaid” $6 994 1 (Disney) $6 $6,068 4. “Steel Magnolias” $5.4 480 1 (Tri-Star) $5.4 $11,303 5. “All Dogs Go to Heaven” $4.7 1,577 1 (MGM/UA) $4.7 $2,988 * “Valmont” $96,008 7 1 (Orion) $96,008 $13,715

SOURCE: Exhibitor Relations Co.

Speaking of meltdowns I only saw the bold print  and thought 6 million was this versions preview number...

Edited by screambaby