Eric is Quiet

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

3 minutes ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

Hmm, pretty limited Sat num meltdowns. 100 pages in danger, flop

Wait for Flash, after reading the movie thread i’m just waiting for the meltdowns when the movie “shockingly” didn’t open to 150M

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, raegr said:

they should do an avengers style team up movie with all the disney princesses

Animated reboots revealed to be in a shared continuity via post credits, we can probably wring 30 movies outta this 😏

@Noctis the Demo split for TLM isnt a surprise. Matter of fact the "weak" Saturday speaks to the problem of a major paying demographic not being in play ala other past women heavy films. Its not much of a surprise, just to those here on the board that missed how skewed it would be.

Factor in the racial demographics and it only increases the split. Hopefully the wom brings more of the boy / male crowd in long term. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Factor in the racial demographics and it only increases the split. Hopefully the wom brings more of the boy / male crowd in long term. 

The wom is good, but I dont get the impression its the type of WOM that could convince the boy/male crowd to come

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

The wom is good, but I dont get the impression its the type of WOM that could convince the boy/male crowd to come

I agree. I also have the unfortunate Texas / south "ban everything Disney" side speaking into my referral mix so I know I can't count on it around here. 

57 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I wont be too surprised if Barbie end under 100 tbh

It looks bad and Margot Robbie is box office cyanide but there's enough interest from women and gays to all but guarantee 100. I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't hit 150, though 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

‘she DIDN’T got legs, you idiot’

I will show myself out

So, single huge demo (adult female) with a secondary decent one (non adult female)...and still nothing much showing on the other 2 still.

I mean, it makes sense - if you have a boy and girl kid, you might be passing and waiting for Spidey when it's $20 for Spidey with 4 TMobile codes and $80 for Mermaid...especially with D+ in your pocket.

• Like 2

I still believe the opening of Mermaid is terrific. Disney LA/Animation has been in doldrums in post COVID era. This is the 1st movie to break out of that. With A cinemascore it will have good legs anyway. 

Overseas has been below par. But movies made with POC dont do that well unless they are already established stars. May be Halle has to appear in a Marvel movie next to become popular in overseas markets(at least at places where its underperforming)

• Like 6

On 5/26/2023 at 9:25 PM, TwoMisfits said:

So, I just had a great week in (North) Myrtle Beach and arrived back home.  So, is I'm reading this right, Little Mermaid is looking at an almost certain $200M+ total DOM (but probably petering out before $300M), and an okay overseas?

So, exactly where expected?

I noticed Deadline gave no audience demos for previews, so I guess we're waiting for that tomorrow...

After Charlie's number, too early to bump this?  

21 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Yep Aladdin brought both. I think this will be lucky to do 250m domestic.

Sigh guess TLM  is probably missing 100m 3 day. Should be enough to take it over Aladdin though

Hope ATSV explodes past 120m but anything over 100m would be good

As for barbie I've always said Lego movie and that is 450-500m WW which a slight bigger domestic skew.

600m at best if OS surprises.

Anybody with 300M+  DOM and bigger breakout  is probably setting themselves up for dissapointment 

under 100m  nah . This feels like 50M+ OW movie  at least

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Astonished 1

55 minutes ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

Gotg can’t even hit 375 at this point, sad as it is.   

I hope SV2 crosses 400, in which case gotg2 likely has summer 2nd place followed hopefully by MI7 but could be Tlm if the season goes poorly

Basically we are 2017 level BO I guess. GoTG does around 375, June 1 film does 400M. Nolan has a world war 2 movie.

• Astonished 1