charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (30 May 1 June, 2023) Thread.

4 hours ago, Austin said:

I've also heard that 4k tends to be better for older movies that were shot on film and not digital because there isn't so much data compressing and upscaling going on. Is there a way to research if specific movies are worth the 4k or just stick to the bluray HD, like a review site or sum?

It all depends on the transfer, there's lots of things at play for both digital and film. There are older/newer films that have had fantastic blu-ray transfers and a fair amount of poor ones, the same goes for the 4K. Though generally it's an opportunity to 'get it right' this time around for the 4K release. Scream, Top Gun, A Few Good Men, 2001 have had huge improvements with their 4K. 

You also have cases where people have fudged it up. The Terminator 2 4K and new Blu-Ray transfer is filled with huge amounts of digital noise reduction making everyone look smooth faced and you have a whole new colour grade not authentic to the original release.

Review sites and forums are your friend. Bluray.com/Hidefdigest etc.. 

I like to go to the specific 4K or Blu-Ray thread for a film and find the page dated around the films physical release to get people's general opinion on somewhere like bluray.com as well. Often they're more informed than the reviewer for the site. 

Edited by FilmFincher
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Italy overperforming compared to other european markets??

@MG10 what is this?

Not really. The UK dailies are strong too (Wed was 3% behind the holiday Monday and stronger than Friday) and the overall INT Mon figure was strong. I don't think Italy will be a particular outlier. We'll see.

Edited by ogkalu

9 minutes ago, ogkalu said:

Not really. The UK weeklies are good too (Wed was 3% behind the holiday Monday and stronger than Friday) and the overall INT Mon figure was strong. I don't think Italy will be a particular outlier. We'll see.

UK is holiday boost but nonetheless expected to do solid numbers across Europe . It's dead just about everywhere else. Last weekend was suppressed by weather in Europe.

Don't know how much it's going to be affected by ATSV which is also targeting family too.

Well see how Japan opens.

14 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Weekdays will get stronger as more schools get off. But I would be careful believing any numbers unless its from Charlie or they link to a tweet/link to a BO site. 

So hold today will be better since it's the start of June?

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Don't tease like that. People will actually believe it. 

49 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Weekdays will get stronger as more schools get off. But I would be careful believing any numbers unless its from Charlie or they link to a tweet/link to a BO site. 

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

8.3 for mermaid 

$8.2M

• Like 1