Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Transformers $25.6M FRI

2 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

If Flash underperforms, then It will be 2 months between big global hits. 

If SV2 makes 700M+, it's undeniably a big global hit and we just had Guardians. Unless your bar is unreasonably high at a billion or something.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

ROTB -6.7/10.

Started great and then it was ok and fell into a generic third act that had me rolling my eyes at times.

Acting was great and the two co leads are great but the movie doesn't know what to do with them the further the movie progresses.

Enjoyed some mini arcs but wish some autobots were developed more. Pete Davidson was a standout though.

Action was well shot .

Overall there was actually a pretty good story here but along the way they decided to play it alittle to safe and in the end IMO the movie sort of failed to curve out an identity .

Did a rewatch of the series before watching ROTB ,ranking goes like this

Transformers 2007

Dark of the moon

Bumble bee

Age of extinction

Rise of the beasts

Revenge of the fallen

The last knight.

This is identical to the cinescore rankings.

17 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

This is identical to the cinescore rankings.

Transformers is pretty much like the MCU in terms of fan audience expectation . Your gonna traditionally find the ones with  highest CS the highest ranking on most lists because they delivered what they pretty much promised.

Most rankings I've seen most times 2007 on top and dark of the moon never misses in the top 3. But 4 and 5 were loathed .

Revenge of the fallen benefits from being in the trilogy . Initial ranking had in top 3 due  to how much I like the shia  trilogy as a whole but on rewatch yeah consider it to be worse than AOE.

AOE is higher on my list than most ,never understood the hate ,it has pretty much the same flaws of a typical  bay transformers movie . The problem with AOE is that it's the transformers movie with the most wasted potential. Transformers being public enemy no 1 and transformium plotline in the hands of a decent director could have been a great film . Kade Yeager being a broke and struggling inventor trying to make means is a fine fit for protagonist in a  transformers story  but yeah they cast walhberg and the rest was history.

And yeah lockdown is awesome.

Revenge of fallen had a good 3rd act but the rest was just plain awful, all bays tendencies were at their worst in this film. Worst script in the franchise.

Last knight was just straight up boring while also being a terrible movie .

Love the transformers movies rewatch them like every two to three years but it's heavily flawed series with lots of cringe moments exception from bumblebee.

At their best bayformers  were entertaining summer blockbusters and they didn't really seek to be much more. .

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So 58m the 2nd weekend  keeps 400m on the table for Spider-verse 2, right?

After the weekday numbers it just had in addition to that being a very good weekend to weekend to drop and of course summer days officially here now, I'd think it still has a shot at 425M~ DOM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Anything that makes more then 50% of its money in the U.S isn't really global

You don't look at %'s lmao, you look at overalls. With that logic, you can have a movie making 350M INT being considered less of a success than one making 300M INT just because it made more money domestically.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Anything that makes more then 50% of its money in the U.S isn't really global

So a movie that would make 510M DOM and 500M OS woudnt be a global hit?

I think thats not logical. It makes far more sense to look at overall numbers/totals and not at the pure percentage.

• Like 3

So...

Spiderverse (a film aimed at YOUNG audiences, not nostalgic Spidey fans from the 70s/80s) is getting whined at here for "woke" casting.

Do people here not realize what the demographics of school aged kids in the US are now?!?

I really don't think people are thinking this line of attack through here.

Also the movie doesn't show the telltale signs of "brigading" on IMDB that would indicate such a reaction.