16-18
20-23
16-18 // 77-85

8+ for th would be a good sign definitely, still not a particularly

impressive opening for the franchise though

Edited by LegionGPT
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Austin said:

Do yall ever get tired of doom and gloom posting? We are at 40 pages of nothing-burger nonsense.

That’s how this forum survives. It’s like this every year. Back when you could still read the old BOM forums, it was like this in 2002, the highest attendance year since the 50s!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

Nope. This is a weekday box office thread, not the tracking thread.

"Is Elemental a hit" is a genuine box office discussion for an ongoing film, which we all do in these numbers thread. You can stop posters going the uncivil route, but asking to not discuss something is pretty dictatorial.

Well, if you really want to deal with 5+ pages of endless back and forth, endless concern trolling, fanboy war battles, and everybody being miserable afterwards, I guess I can't stop you. But when you and others start complaining about how annoying the conversation is going, just know that this is what you wanted. And I hope you're happy with it.

3 hours ago, Torontofan said:

yeah studios need to really lean the budgets in a lot 

If indy or MI7 cost like 150 or so they been fine. 

Then MI7 would have Black Widow tier CGI and stunts. 

No thanks.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 1

wow. Even i didn't expect it to be this low.

Rivals, however, are betting at this point in time that Dead Reckoning isn’t as big as the $90M tracking purported it to be. More like $47M for the 3-day and $70.5M per industry estimates right now.

Come On Halloween GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Was already looking like a 75% drop this weekend off 1723 locations, could we see a fabled 90% drop now?

Didn't think it was possible to top the 80% drop Shazam 2 had on its 5th weekend (lost almost 1800 theaters).

10 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

A 100% jump in the summer seems a bit of a reach but if there was a lack of awareness that it was a Wednesday opening it's certainly possible. 

Actually many didn't realise, given how early the Thursday preview is right now (as early as 2PM), preview is effectively a whole Thursday. And if you look at Thursday gross as standalone gross, most of the tentpoles debut have true Friday jump over 100% from Thursday preview, including summer players.

Indy 5: +130%

TF6: +121% (from pure thu preview)

ATSV: 99%

Flash: 48% 🤢

JWD: +131%

Thor L&T: +40%

Obviously MI franchise has been more GA friendly and skewing older like Indy 5 and that movie jump 130% for true Friday from Thursday preview. With 95% verified audience score, I won't call a crazy ask to have MI7 jump 100% on Friday.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Sound of Freedom dropped on Tuesday and then increased on Wednesday, I don't think I've ever seen that pattern before.

Wednesday got a showing expansion in some theaters as they reset schedules...

That, and folks don't seem to mind paying full price for the movie (vs cheap Tuesday), since there are many fewer free codes around, but despite that, box office keeps increasing.

Like Maverick last summer, it might become old person date night, and they tend to avoid Tuesdays (and Fridays), so I'd expect a small Friday bump, and possibly another Sunday almost equal to Saturday (or more) coming...

• Heart 1

Let's hope that the international numbers for mi7 are gangbusters because these domestic numbers are seriously depressing.