baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Found the reason why the movie underperform. Male: Female ratio of 65:35 for MI:DR but was only 55% for Fallout.

If MI:DR retain the same male:female ratio like Fallout, the 2 days total would have been $28m+. The lost of female audience by 10 percentile limit the celling for MI7.

So Sound of Freedom skewing female did indeed hurt MI

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Algebra said:

To sell out weekdays, you need very young people and old people. TGM had both. SOF has the latter. MI7 has neither as it targets older millennials and GenXers. I’ll postpone my depression atleast till Friday

Were there no kids/younger audiences in that have seen a Mission Impossible film in general, during their childhoods? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Were the films only for adults or so? Considering that even kids & teens like action & spy-stuff. 👩🏻‍💼

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The worst part about this underperformance, and what scares me the most, is the fact that Part Two hasn't finished filming yet. What's stopping Paramount from panicking and ordering radical Josstice-style reshoots once these strikes end?

Two words- Tom Cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The worst part about this underperformance, and what scares me the most, is the fact that Part Two hasn't finished filming yet. What's stopping Paramount from panicking and ordering radical Josstice-style reshoots once these strikes end?

Tom Cruise might say no. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Ethan: This isn't the plan!

Benji: No, this is the team.

Luther: Pet cemetery?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The question is 'who is stopping Paramount?'.

The answer ist: Tom Cruise

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Ya, like others have said, Cruise is not gonna go for that. And it's not like there's an issue with the movie itself, and even a 600 million WW final wouldn't be a total disaster if not for the COVID-bloated budget. But they will need to have a long hard look at the marketing for it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Found the reason why the movie underperform. Male: Female ratio of 65:35 for MI:DR but was only 55% for Fallout.

If MI:DR retain the same male:female ratio like Fallout, the 2 days total would have been $28m+. The lost of female audience by 10 percentile limit the celling for MI7.

Yep, Fallout is the exception - Rogue Nation was also 63% M

I do wonder if Fallout benefited from Greatest Showman and/or Black Panther afterglow, women turning out more for Rebecca Ferguson & Angela Basset respectively than the 6th entry in an action franchise 

6 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

ignoring the Cruise of it what could they possibly want to reshoot lol we're not talking about Zack Snyder's particular controversial vision

I think we are getting a bit carried away. Even if the film makes $500m, it shouldn’t be looked at in any way as a failure. It’s a great movie, better than almost every blockbuster in the last few years…has great critic ratings and audience reception. It’s not like a FastX for which you know the next one is gonna come lower. 
We all agree that MI7 is an anomaly.

In time, when the Barbenheimer craze ends and the industry recovers from a series of flops/underperformers, and Paramount smartens up and slots MI8 nicely…the goodwill from this and Fallout should definitely give a good boost to MI8.

• Like 2

I can see Cruise demanding a release date for MI8 that allows at least two full weeks of premium screens and also chastising Paramount for basically doing no marketing from the trailer last May (the December YouTube video was from Cruise and McQuarrie) to May of this year 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, M37 said:

Yep, Fallout is the exception - Rogue Nation was also 63% M

I do wonder if Fallout benefited from Greatest Showman and/or Black Panther afterglow, women turning out more for Rebecca Ferguson & Angela Basset respectively than the 6th entry in an action franchise 

Or...they came out for Cavill who - being an extremely hot guy even in his worst Witcher wig - looked at his hottest in Fallout. Like, "daddy, rub your moustache all over me, throw me over your shoulder and take me to your doomsday cult base and fuck me till I can't stand up" hot.

• Like 3
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Not with Tom cruise. But my advice is just let dead reckoning part 2 be the final film as we thought it probably would be until cruise announced they were plans for more movies.

But that's paramount's  major franchise so doubt that's happening and Cruise definitely wants more.

42 minutes ago, John Marston said:

there is nothing wrong with film enthusiasts being disappointed and saddened that a very good film is going to underperform/flop. Obviously it’s just a movie but in the case of movie discussion, it’s a totally valid thing 

Yeah, MI7 is pulling a D&D here. A well-received and heavily marketed movie somehow unable to reach its potential at the BO. People have the right to disappoint.   

Just now, Liiviig 1998 said:

Not with Tom cruise. But my advice is just let dead reckoning part 2 be the final film as we thought it probably would be until cruise announced they were plans for more movies.

But that's paramount's  major franchise so doubt that's happening and Cruise definitely wants more.

There's still a potential Top Gun 3 for Paramount. Would probably still gross more than the average MI film even with a big drop from Maverick.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Nice, ATSV should keep its $1m+ streak alive until at least Monday now, that would be 45 days and a week longer than GOTG3

Margot Robbie Hello GIF by Regal

::challenge accepted::

Labor Day would be Day 46, could see 47 with Tuesday, but 48 and on might be tough

• Like 2