Eric S'ennui

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

9 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I, for one, will be surprised if Oppenheimer scores above a B+ CinemaScore which is perfectly in check with Inception and Interstellar which were both leggy as Hell.

Just an FYI, come late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Verified Audience Score sits at 94% with 500+ votes.  A- is not out of the question.

10 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Sorry, does Barbie have no PLF screens or just no IMAX screens? Any idea what Barbie's PLF screen % looks like?

There’s a chart breakdown of screens / PLF / IMAX a few pages back. 

• Like 1

I'm actually kinda surprised that the gender breakdown doesn't slant even more female for Barbie. The fact that at least some men are showing up for a film whose brand name has always been anathema to boys speaks to the effectiveness of the ad campaign (and the Barbenheimer hype) in reaching at least a little across the gendered aisle.

10 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Sorry, does Barbie have no PLF screens or just no IMAX screens? Any idea what Barbie's PLF screen % looks like?

The AMC near me is splitting its Dolby screen for Barbenheimer with each movie receiving two showings a day on it.

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I'm actually kinda surprised that the gender breakdown doesn't slant even more female for Barbie. The fact that at least some men are showing up for a film whose brand name has always been anathema to boys speaks to the effectiveness of the ad campaign (and the Barbenheimer hype) in reaching at least a little across the gendered aisle.

gay men, couples, dads with kids. It's a buzzy movie so everyone is intrigued.

That bodes very well for legs cause it won't exhaust 1 demo but different demos will go see it.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

Two things.

1. Can we stop with the "Barbie had no PLF" narrative? Its numbers are beyond impressive, there's no need to make it seem like it wasn't playing on a huge number of screens, including non-IMAX PLF.

2. 65% male is probably a bit less than I was expecting for Oppenheimer - I wouldn't have been shocked with 70%.

I'm just so happy we're having a pure celebration of cinema after the past few years of the industry/theaters taking major hits. Movies have been a major part of my life for so long and everything turning up streaming has been alarming to say the least. Things probably won't get better going forward, but at least we have this weekend of positivity. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Downton Abbey was at 73%. I just don't think we get more extreme splits than this at posttrak.

Thanks to moving to India for a bit, I now have on demand babysitters also known as grandparents. So me and the wife can finally watch a movie together after 6 years and we will be going to Barbie tomorrow.

• Like 7
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

What makes DH2'2 169M OW even more impressive is that its previews were true midnights - there was no Thursday money rolled into its Opening Day.

OTOH with true midnights, multiplexes could get in all the showtimes during a shorter window. The megaplexes with like 16-30 screens playing the same movie in every room all at once, really boosted those preview numbers in the old days.

Today, my local AMC Dolby has 3 Barbie screenings to 1 for Oppenheimer.

Amazing preview numbers for both!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

pretty much. fri should be $25M ish. 85-95m

if Oppenheimer can beat inside out too then jfc. what a weekend. best non-batman OW of Nolan's career by a mile on a fucking 3-hour biopic about fucking Oppenheimer.

if someone said this would open to almost 100M a month ago I would've called an asylum.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

pretty much. fri should be $25M ish. 85-95m

My 82M prediction for Oppenheimer is now under your lower estimate??

We living in good times.

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

if Oppenheimer can beat inside out too then jfc. what a weekend. best OW of Nolan's career by a mile on a fucking 3-hour biopic about fucking Oppenheimer

TDK and TDKR had 158M and 160M OW's respectively, but i think you meant original movies by Nolan? Or his best weekend not money-wise but in regards of the nature of the movie beeing a 3 Hour biopic?