Eric Lasagna

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

11 minutes ago, DAR said:

We all know giving a woman a foot massage and sticking your tongue in her Holiest of Holies ain’t even the same fucking ballpark.  It’s not even the same fucking league.

I got my technique down and everything, I don't be ticklin' or nothing!

• Like 1

My guess based on nothing is 53 Margot Bargot 25 Killian.

Also thinking quite a bit of spillover into Sunday for both but more so for the latter bc of its large screen biasand people being willing to wait for a good showing. 

Edited by MattW

21 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Would it make a difference if it were the feet of Marcellus Wallace' wife?

Look the only time Tony Rocky Horror touched Mia Wallace was when he shook her hand at her wedding.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

21 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Ain't even the same fucking sport! 

Do you tickle when you give a foot massage?

• Haha 1

Barbie was really fun but still bummed we are one of the few countries that didn't get the proper Barbenheimer event.

Checking imdb and outside of UAE,Kuwait, Japan for Barbie and Vietnam,SK, Italy and Greece for Oppenheimer everywhere else they both released this week.

20 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Any guesses on Saturday numbers yet??

Based on my amateur interpretation of the numbers in the tracking thread, it would seem Barbie is headed for about a 10% increase over true Friday while Oppenheimer is looking at maybe a 20%-25% increase over true Friday. I welcome others who are far better at interpreting that info, though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Nolan understands that even a biopic has to be sold as a visually impressive event flick to work in the current marketplace. Elvis was a smaller version of this last year. These movies won’t work at theaters if they look like they’d be fine to catch on Netflix in a few months. 

Bohemian Rhapsody as well, while it wasn't actually much of a looker as a film otherwise, heavily pushed its recreation of the Live Aid concert as a must see.

How someone described the Barbie movie to me 😂

like Free Guy, but with dolls and a lot of feminism

I Guess Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Haha 2

Just now, M37 said:

How someone described the Barbie movie to me 😂

like Free Guy, but with dolls and a lot of feminism

I Guess Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Free Guy is awesome, and it was kinda what I imagined it would be, so I dig the comparison. Maybe I’ll end up watching this one at the movie theaters after all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAR said:

We all know giving a woman a foot massage and sticking your tongue in her Holiest of Holies ain’t even the same fucking ballpark.  It’s not even the same fucking league.

what thread did I walk into. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Whats so cool about all of this is that it truly feels like a proper pop culture EVENT. Its not only the Internet talking about this, nearly everyone around me is aware of both movies and the meme. It seems, atleast for one weekend, cinema is at the top of our culture again. 

• Like 15