Eric Lasagna

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

15 minutes ago, XXR Union Solidarity said:

Indeed. I'll start.

Barbie? More like Bombie, amirite?

I know you are joking, but we could wait for the drop in the second weekend.

14 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It’s around $82M, but also need to adjust for PLF boost that did not exist in the 2010 ticket price. So maybe around $90M weekend in 2023 dollars with the full PLF boost included. 

idk if it’s quite that high. NATO has the national average at $10.53 for 2022, and I get premium formats cost more but surely some of that is taken into consideration for the average?? I’d say maybe $85 million or so, and while Inception didn’t have nearly as many premium screens, it did have a record IMAX count at the time which definitely already boosted it

• Founder / Operator
48 minutes ago, DAR said:

A long time ago I’m made a Green Lantern over $250 million domestic club.  

It's okay, you just preemptively saw Ryan Reynolds leading a different comic book franchise to glory!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, XXR Union Solidarity said:

Indeed. I'll start.

Barbie? More like Bombie, amirite?

The OW is still gonna top Detective Pikachu’s OW total domestic gross 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

idk if it’s quite that high. NATO has the national average at $10.53 for 2022, and I get premium formats cost more but surely some of that is taken into consideration for the average?? I’d say maybe $85 million or so, and while Inception didn’t have nearly as many premium screens, it did have a record IMAX count at the time which definitely already boosted it

Regal RPX, Cinemark XD, Dolby Cinema, and so many other PLF formats were pretty much non-existent in July 2010. I don’t think the current average ticket price comes anywhere close to properly accounting for the PLF boost.

Deadline reported Oppenheimer’s Friday gross had 50% of the money coming from PLF. IMAX accounted for only 12% of Inception’s opening weekend and it pretty much had zero boost from “other” PLF since those screens mostly didn’t exist at the time. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Maybe the holdovers will have strong saturdays  if barbenheimer is a little frontloaded. Yeah just hoping Mission has a 10+ saturday.. 

MI will do fine because it’s a weekend movie right? Right????

(plz I want this movie to do well)

22 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Maybe the holdovers will have strong saturdays  if barbenheimer is a little frontloaded. Yeah just hoping Mission has a 10+ saturday.. 

I think you're being way too ambitious here. Mission Impossible did 5.5 on Friday y, it would need something like an 85% jump on Saturday and that's simply not going to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I think you're being way too ambitious here. Mission Impossible did 5.5 on Saturday, it would need something like an 85% jump on Saturday and that's simply not going to happen.

Yeah I know. Just  trying  to will it into happpening okay. Damm you Paramount!!!

• Like 2

Barbie being frontloaded after all is absolutely not what I was here for. What about the CS, don’t these people know? What about how I had actually come around to being good with it crushing Mario? Am I just supposed to be OK with it not now?? What is any of this 

8 minutes ago, DAR said:

Let’s just enjoy the first weekend.

Look I am simply asking people how big they believe the 8th weekend will be. Asking a week from now is no good because it will have become too obvious and boring.

Edited by Elegiental
  • Haha 1