The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

5 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Uhh, the budget, including marketing, only further confirms that WB had confidence in the movie and didn't see it at as risky. Sorry, you'll never convince me that casting popular white actors in a well-known property is worth praising as risky. 

warner got confidence for the project after they made it and they believed has quality...yes...but your point is a Barbie project it's not risky by itself...which in my opinion is not true

and if you spend 150M with the budget you have to spend 100M on marketing you like how the movie is or not. I mean you can think it's bad but you never know, sometimes really bad movies succeed (especially cause marketing was good) 😄...if you spent 150M and you only spend 20M on marketing 9 times of 10 the movie will flop good or not. 

Edited by vale9001

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'd like the 8K push to end already, it's utterly pointless as no content will ever be made for it. 

8k?

Are they even making 4k content lol

• Community Manager
Cap
This post was recognized by Cap!

Water Bottle was awarded the badge 'Superstar'

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

And I agree wholeheartedly. Because Tom Cruise is, well, Top Gun. I don’t even know the name of his character really, I think it’s Goose and I just remember this name because in the MCU, the cute alien cat pet that Carol Danvers has is named after a Top Gun character, while in the comics the cat is called Chewie.

It must be wack having your entire pop culture knowledge be based entirely on MCU references.

Also his code name is fucking Maverick. Top Gun: Maverick

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

And it's worked for a lot of people. Lots of people prefer staying home and not going to the theater because their TV gives them a good enough experience for them.

Of course, TVs can't match the actual theatrical experience for most of us no matter how good the TV gets. We just don't have big enough homes.

Because in the end, it's the size of the screen that matters.

I don't get the argument that people like staying at home. There is so much to do in the outside world, I go to exhibitions

the theatre  and the odd concert as well as cinema. TV is good for many things but as I discovered during the pandemic, it's not fun to just rely on it for entertainment.  

4 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Didn't I read a long time ago about theaters wanting to change to LED screens?

LED is cool but it has its own set of issues. I think Samsung Onyx is the only example of LED cinema screens.

8 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

And I agree wholeheartedly. Because Tom Cruise is, well, Top Gun. I don’t even know the name of his character really, I think it’s Goose and I just remember this name because in the MCU, the cute alien cat pet that Carol Danvers has is named after a Top Gun character, while in the comics the cat is called Chewie. I’d argue that this is a problem that Cruise has with his characters and maybe the curse of being one of the last movie stars: I almost never remember his characters names. All of them are Tom Cruise in my head.  Agree completely that you just can’t recast Cruise for Top Gun Maverick and get the kind of success that that film had. But if it wasn’t obvious one month ago, it’s obvious now that whatever boost people hoped TGM would give to M:I, it didn’t happen.

It’s fine if you don’t like or know Top Gun but what’s the point of talking so much about it if you’re just gonna use it as another crux to bring up the MCU lol

Edited by TMP
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AN9815 said:

Barbie ranking: 

1. Barbie (2023)

2. Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper

3. Barbie as Rapunzel

4. Barbie as the Island Princess

5. Barbie of Swan Lake

6. Barbie in the Nutcracker

7. Barbie: Fairytopia

8. Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus

9. The Barbie Diaries

10. Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses

family-guy.gif

Edited by eddyxx
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

It must be wack having your entire pop culture knowledge be based entirely on MCU references.

Also his code name is fucking Maverick. Top Gun: Maverick

I’m sorry for not meeting your standards. I feel like I know a lot about of films, books and yeah, comic books. Lots of it. But I do have a hard time with America jingoistic stuff, it’s one of the reasons that before the MCU I kinda hated the character Captain America in the comics, I found him too boring. Not saying you shouldn’t enjoy it, you do you. But I never cared for ‘patriotic’ Hollywood films, I’m afraid.

Edited by ZattMurdock

18 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

If you make the whole cinema hall PLF, you will wash away the premium element in the PLF. It will be just like a standard screen since they are all the same now. 

The key is not the difference between screens, but widening the gap between home viewing and theatrical, to make it worth someone’s time and money 

What people are paying for is something they cannot get at home, whether that be the viewing experience and/or the exclusivity of the content. The more it becomes an “and” the higher the demand, and that’s why PLF shows sell so well 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

warner got confidence for the project after they made it and they believed has quality...yes...but your point is a Barbie project it's not risky by itself...which in my opinion is not true

and if you spend 150M with the budget you have to spend 100M on marketing you like how the movie is or not. I mean you can think it's bad but you never know, sometimes really bad movies succeed (especially cause marketing was good) 😄...if you spent 150M and you only spend 20M on marketing 9 times of 10 the movie will flop good or not. 

Right because Greta, Ryan, Margot, coupled with the Barbie brand and a host of rising young actors didn't provide them with enough confidence already? 

Nuts when you think about how Suicide Squad's opening is HIGHER than Barbie when you adjust for inflation. I think people forget what a chokehold that movie had on people in summer 2016.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't get the argument that people like staying at home. There is so much to do in the outside world, I go to exhibitions

the theatre  and the odd concert as well as cinema. TV is good for many things but as I discovered during the pandemic, it's not fun to just rely on it for entertainment.  

Tv is entertainment for poor people and unfortunately most Americans are poor these days.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

Tv is entertainment for poor people and unfortunately most Americans are poor these days.

Sadly I do know lots of people who would go to the theater more but they can't afford it.  :( The AMC pass is great though. 

• Like 1