Eric the Minion

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

1 minute ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

When's the last time two new releases on the same weekend got A cinemascores?

Both Jurassic World and Inside Out received A cinemascores, which this weekend is actually playing very similarly too ngl.

• Like 1

Should we reconsider lowballing and doomsaying The Marvels so much? Look, I'm not saying that it's a slamdunk for success or another billion but it's kinda obvious that women really crave more female-centric franchises and that maybe that was more of a factor on the success of the first Captain Marvel than people gave it credit for. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

IO didn't release on JW's weekend.

Insane stuff btw

Ah shit you right. I assumed that it did cause Jurassic World beat it. I think if anything goes to show how massive JW was.

According to the trackers for both capacity issue is a thing and they will end lower on the first day than we were saying yesterday. 

Let's hope for great holds sat and sun and anyways, with this cinemascore for both what they're losing now It's coming on next days, weekend(s).

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

If I'm doing the numbers right, Oppenheimer might have an okay shot at beating Inception's adjusted OW gross of $82 million depending on how this weekend goes? Really crazy for an R-rated biopic.

Honestly when Nolan announced he was doing Oppenheimer as his next movie I figured anything above a 40 million weekend would be great for it. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

When's the last time two new releases on the same weekend got A cinemascores?

Christmas 2021 had 2 A+ Cinemascores on the same weekend: Sing 2 and American Underdog.

• Like 1

Great news for them is they don't have competition for months now. The Haunted Mansion and Ninja turtle seem the only real "big" things and their target is of course very different. Challengers which seems a very gen Z- millenial women trained too, is not coming anymore.

Barbie is gonna get IMAX at some point?. Asking how much people will rewatch It in this case. 

Edited by vale9001

5 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

If I'm doing the numbers right, Oppenheimer might have an okay shot at beating Inception's adjusted OW gross of $82 million depending on how this weekend goes? Really crazy for an R-rated biopic.

Honestly when Nolan announced he was doing Oppenheimer as his next movie I figured anything above a 40 million weekend would be great for it. 

Tack on PLF boost which was much smaller in 2010. Inception would probably open around $90M today after proper adjustment for modern ticket prices and PLF screens. But that movie also had a much better screen count situation and much weaker competition. It had an easier sale to make to the audience with sci-fi action visuals, a mega star in DiCaprio, and Nolan only 2 years removed from the major box office success of TDK

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Austin said:

I think the overall weekend has a shot at claiming the #2 spot all time over The Force Awakens and Infinity War's opening weekends which were around $312M.

165-170 for barbie? 80-85 for Oppenheimer, 20mil~ for MI7 and SoF each, then they just need about 20mil from all the rest. Should be doable.... maybe.

• Like 1