upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

It's not getting a flat wednesday. It will drop for sure. Even though big movies tend to behave diferrent on it's first weekdays than usual movies. Look at Endgame for example, it decrease on it's first tuesday but because it first monday was huge, like barbie dropping 40% from sunday to monday, even on summer, is rare. The Lion King increase on it's first tuesday (44%) but it decrease 60% on monday from sunday. Tuesday number for barbie represents 16,05% of it's weekend gross, somethign really big. Also, i dont think barbie will go down more than 25% on wednesday as most movies that increase big on tuesday. It can make $20 on wednesday wich will be huge (i excect $19)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Isn’t this Gitesh guy supposed to be an expert? Several awful takes

He’s not as good at this as he should be. But he’s been reporting on box office for a very long time. His website is maybe the only one that has weekly reports and commentary on Titanic’s GOAT performance back in 1997-1998. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Some users always try to kill the enthusiasm about Barbie (which btw is free). And then Barbie always overtakes the prediction.

No One dies if then makes 24M and not 26.

Let people enjoy this very unpredictable box office run this movie Is having. 

😅

Weren't Monday was $30m initially and come down realistically to $26m after that?

15 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Isn't Canada usually lot stronger than US on discount Tuesdays though ? Might explain if there is a dropoff in Wednesday in Canada

I think discount Tuesdays are everywhere in Canada, but not everywhere in the us. That doesn't necessarily mean the Wednesdays are going to be softer in areas here that have discount Tuesdays than they are in areas in the US that have discount tuesdays. I'm not saying it can't have a flat Wednesday or a gigantic huge number on Wednesday I'm just saying it's 11:15 eastern, let's wait and see how the day plays out first

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I guess the only solution while we wait is to just start posting pictures of Margot's legs for, you know, research on if that will help?

7tt0ju.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Weren't Monday was $30m initially and come down realistically to $26m after that?

And the weekend 140, then 155, then 162 final.  Cause sunday 37 and then 45. Yesterday was 24 and then 26.

Empire went way too big with his early number on Monday. Then he went way too conservative on Tuesday. And now I think the pendulum is back to way too high for Wednesday. Going to go ahead and expect a 10% drop, which would be historically amazing.

Edited by Derpity