N/A

SELLOUTS

COMPS 

T-29

(0.511x) of Oppenheimer $5.37M Previews

(0.324x) of Indy 5 $2.34M Previews

Comps AVG: $3.86M

No signs of an early breakout

Do you have a day one Mario comp? That honestly might work imo given they’re both non Disney family films with a fanbase element 

9 minutes ago, Relevation said:

Do you have a day one Mario comp? That honestly might work imo given they’re both non Disney family films with a fanbase element 

That'd be something like 0.1m given how Mario exploded D1 of pre-sales.

Okay, slight exaggeration, but Mario utterly blew the doors off of sales on its first day.  It was clear immediately it was gonna beast — only question was: How Much.

No real point in comparing the two, IMO.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That'd be something like 0.1m given how Mario exploded D1 of pre-sales.

Okay, slight exaggeration, but Mario utterly blew the doors off of sales on its first day.  It was clear immediately it was gonna beast — only question was: How Much.

No real point in comparing the two, IMO.

Ah. Point taken

Potentially waltzing in an even worse direction but I don’t believe Barbie’s first day was terribly frontloaded (big obv, but not really frontloaded). Would that work?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Thanksgiving is high key going to be the most acclaimed movie of holiday season, isn’t it? Lmao.

RIP the hunger games, I’d say next to zero shot at 100 DOM now that it’s rotten. Could see it going as low as 80 total and failing to beat the Marvels. At least Disney may have some kind of a silver lining after all? Although I better not hear anyone use “no cast promo!” as a Marvels excuse now since THG got it. 

Unless it drops like 90% from Mockingjay 2 (not happening) there's a 0% chance that Hunger Games ends up the bigger embarrassment at this point than The Marvels (based on sales near me it looks like it'll land in the Fantastic Beasts 3/Dungeons & Dragons opening range and both movies will at least eek out $100M totals if that's what it comes down to). Even if a total that looks ugly next to the other movies in the series (even the underperforming Mockingjay movies) seems inevitable, this is fortunate to be budgeted at a reasonable level for a movie that was always a dicey proposition (a one-off prequel without JLaw or anyone else from the movies) and doesn't face nearly as many hurdles of approaching profitability like that movie and the other "how the mighty have fallen" franchise underperformers this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

I write a question earlier today who could be the next movie to open with more than 50M

Apes probably. But only if everything goes exactly right for it (marketing and pre-release reviews). I guess there’s Godzilla x Kong, that’s also an everything goes right scenario. 

I am still on the Dune doesn’t have true mainstream appeal train no matter how good it is. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Apes probably. But only if everything goes exactly right for it (marketing and pre-release reviews). I guess there’s Godzilla x Kong, that’s also an everything goes right scenario. 

I am still on the Dune doesn’t have true mainstream appeal train no matter how good it is. 

If Dune 1 could open to $41m+ while released day and date on HBO during a pandemic then surely Dune 2 is highly likely to open $50m+

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

I write a question earlier today who could be the next movie to open with more than 50M

Kung Fu Panda 4 is going up into $65M+ territory 

Although I still wouldn’t rule out Hunger Games or Wish since there’s still good signs for them to go to $40M+ 

• Like 1