katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

2 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

i wouldn't let Max Landis ride anything. 

It's surreal that a youtube channel made fun of one of his movies, and then he went on their channel to complain that his script was a masterpiece and it was the studio/director who messed it up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Whenever you guys talk about the holdovers, my brain just goes here

Mom was very excited for this when I took her to Oppy yesterday. The only trailer she actually tolerated 😂 

Just now, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Just seen the budget for Haunted Mansion and ON WHAT PLANET??????

What? You couldn't have made a quaint haunted house family movie for 60m? 80m? 

Studies are money laundering

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Disney will get it there. It's too close to not push it another 3M. Maybe expansions next weekend onwards or something.

It will take a re-expansion, but that's almost cheating:).  I mean, at 208 theaters now, it's probably gone at TMNT open everywhere...Meg 2 at the latest...so, is it a re-expansion or a separate 2nd run?  B/c no theaters will want it til late August...

And if it's a 2nd separate run, I think the point will stand that it's in the usual "empty zone" of $200-$300M - where 2 Disney movies have gotten this year, making the zone less dead...

4 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

what?

Video is down. But RedLetterMedia reviewed American Ultra, made fun of it. Max Landis was upset, he contacted them, he ended up on their channel and did a 30 minute interview lambasting the studio and director, saying the script he wrote was actually really really good.

I can't find a duplicate of the video. But he also hung around to do a Best of the Worst video with them.

• Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

They hired Max Landis to write a script for it many years back, and he talked about how he asked to ride the ride with the lights on for inspiration.

Let's hope they don't end up doing his script, cause he's a terrible writer.

Being a terrible writer is the least terrible thing about Max Landis

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

It still should. It will be at about 138-140 by weekend end. The goal right now is to get to No Time to Die's 160 which it should do but the sceen bleed this week with TMNT and Meg 2 both opening. They really need to  do a rerelease in the fall.

You keep going on about rereleasing this movie….they don’t rerelease flops lol

20 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Video is down. But RedLetterMedia reviewed American Ultra, made fun of it. Max Landis was upset, he contacted them, he ended up on their channel and did a 30 minute interview lambasting the studio and director, saying the script he wrote was actually really really good.

I can't find a duplicate of the video. But he also hung around to do a Best of the Worst video with them.

I actually remember hearing that script was good outside RLM, but never watched the final film.

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

You keep going on about rereleasing this movie….they don’t rerelease flops lol

Seriously Flop is now becoming as tiring and misused a word as Woke and Mid. Just stop, By the way there are rumblings that Paramount is looking into getting Imax screens back for this when they become available. Just damage control and trying to make TC happy probably but still.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, swishy said:

What is a holdover

In box office terms, a "holdover" is a film that opened on a previous weekend/week - as opposed to an "opener" that opened on the weekend/week in question.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1