Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates - Barbie $53M (hit a billion!), Meg2 $30M, Oppy $28.7, TMNT - $27.95M (5-day $43M), HauntedMansion $8.97M

25 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

The fact that the movie did that well. There really is a audience that will eat crap sandwiches like this up  because Big Monsters !

Yes sign me up for a big fat crap sandwich. I love crap sandwiches. Especially ones that have a shark the size of a football field and Jason statham.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The biggest issue with Dominion is that it does almost nothing with the setup of "Dinosaurs now live among us" that Fallen Kingdom left us with. Instead we get.... locusts 

They basically decided to ignore JP3 conclusion which already lead to the same setup as Fallen Kigndom ending to ignore it again in another trilogy. Big brain decision, what can I say.

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Is there, though? What should be done to make it work in your opinion?

GDT was gonna do it with Gosling. Between that and him being on the Paul King Wonka shortlist like 8 years ago, it’s a big year for family films severely lacking in kenergy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Very good weekend all around though Turtles is going to need a little more juice than I thought to add another 100m grosser to the year's tally.

It’s over $40M in 5 days, unless it’s dropping 50% each week, crossing $100M Easy. Maybe $120M-ish?

1 minute ago, TMP said:

GDT was gonna do it with Gosling. Between that and him being on the Paul King Wonka shortlist like 8 years ago, it’s a big year for family films severely lacking in kenergy

Whenever GDT is gonna do something, I just figure it's never happening. 

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Yeah, whole day I used to do is just posting ERC here. At this point, I have nothing to tell nor advice you. People who often follow me knows what I do through out the day - they may also re-check my post history if I just post only ERC through out the day.

I maintain multiple OS/Countries Thread outside this Weekend Thread. I have no partiality on updating them (Though I am more into local industry then into Imported)

And that doesn't meant I consider myself box office God. There is certain limitations to my access to database. The prominent one is Saudi Arabia which I frequently asked @Shanks to update (Though, I am not sure if they find me annoying or not because of my tags?¿)

Also, I don't police this forums. When, things are wrong, people will criticised - @across the Jat verse has frequently criticised me but doesn't mean we had heat exchange - I was always like "He is an experience one and it's better to learn things from his experience

I am not sure why you behave like that when someone points out the mistake - but since you still continue and now that blank accusations of ERC posting through out the day I would further no longer gonna say anything. You can continue on your own.

I am sorry if I have hurten you - Please enjoy your night and please don't curse me. I hope you can forgive me for any harsh conversation we had in the forum. :)

Yeah, whole day I used to do is just posting ERC here. At this point, I have nothing to tell nor advice you. People who often follow me knows what I do through out the day - they may also re-check my post history if I just post only ERC through out the day.

But that's not my point, though. I NEVER said you only posted ERC updates. That's completely different to what I pointed out. You have this constant hard on when questioning Luiz's updates, but at least his numbers are CORRECT. And yet you post ERC numbers that are wrong? You can completely disregard Luiz's comparisons, but not his numbers. I have never told people here to "stop following" ERC updates despite his stupid math, have I? It's because we know him already. And that we can check the numbers or will get correct updates later on anyway. That's why when I update the threads I always include all updates even though they're for the same movies. Why can't you do the same thing with Luiz's posts? If you really don't want, then ignore.

I am not sure why you behave like that when someone points out the mistake - but since you still continue and now that blank accusations of ERC posting through out the day I would further no longer gonna say anything. You can continue on your own.

It's because I have repeatedly told you to just ignore his mistakes and focus on the numbers. His numbers are studio-reported ones and are never wrong. He is also usually among the very first to update on these numbers, and we should not follow his updates just because of something you don't like? You even have issues with BOM. lol Saying that your numbers are from the studios. Where do you think BOM get their numbers?

Please do not make this appear that I started this. It is you who constantly questioned my posts. I am just responding.

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yes sign me up for a big fat crap sandwich. I love crap sandwiches. Especially ones that have a shark the size of a football field and Jason statham.

Even if they completely squander it like this movie supposedly did?

9 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Is there, though? What should be done to make it work in your opinion?

Del Toro’s version would have worked, especially considering he’s a self admitted Disney freak.

A straight kiddie horror (more spooky than scary) film in the vein of old Disney horror movies. Something the Director of 2023’s version said he was doing but didn’t really accomplish.

Make it a gothic horror film set during the time period of the ride. I would personally focus on the Bride.

20 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

There is legitimately so much potential in a Haunted Mansion movie but Disney keeps fucking it up.

Big Thunder Mountain also has potential but I’m guessing that won’t turn out so good.

It's crazy that 10 years ago ABC had a Big Thunder pilot and nearly got ordered to series; now Disney may sell ABC altogether.  

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

27 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Excellent total for Insidious: The Red Door! 

I saw Meg 2: The Trench and thought it was much more entertaining than The Meg btw. 

The China/US coproduction stuff is still extremely jarring though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

You have this constant hard on when questioning Luiz's updates, but at least his numbers are CORRECT

His numbers are studio-reported ones and are never wrong. He is also usually among the very first to update on these numbers.

Yeah, his numbers are from studio - 

He has basically dumped Disney $2.3M Japan Number. And you still insisting that he follows Studios.

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Saying that your numbers are from the studios. Where do you think BOM get their numbers?

I take numbers reported at Deadline International Column by Studio. @Purple Miniondoes the same. BOM is not correct after weeks. Their intial numbers are from studio and later weeks they does the own conversion. A known fact -

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Please do not make this appear that I started this. It is you who constantly questioned my posts. I am just responding.

I hardly quoted you in last 6 months after you misunderstanding me our Avatar China Update - 

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Excellent total for Insidious: The Red Door! 

I saw Meg 2: The Trench and thought it was much more entertaining than The Meg btw. 

The China/US coproduction stuff is still extremely jarring though. 

Why is that?