kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

4 hours ago, Eric Reyes said:

Moderation

@El Gato this whole “we are never ever ever ever ever seeing Aquaman or Flash or Blue Beetle in a million years because DC movies are dead forever” schtick isn’t cute anymore. It’s not funny, never was funny, and frankly seems like you’re trying to troll.

If you continue this hyperbolic nonsense further, you will lead me no choice but to threadban you.

Can this these pinned and aimed at other who spout this shtick not just about DC but other franchises as well. 

1 hour ago, Dominic Draper said:

Resetera might be the worst forum I've ever spent any time reading.

A true hive mind of pure idiocy.

I lurk there all the time, and while it's a solid news aggregator, the actual forum itself really is garbage. You should've been there when Karl Urban was announced for the second Mortal Kombat movie when the original poster who posted that announcement there made a Boys "c-word" joke in reference to said actor and promptly got banned for  a week for it. I am not shitting you. And someone even had the galls to come and call the ban "a teachable moment for everyone else". And even funnier is that most of the posts were complaining about that ban instead of talking about the actual news.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Aww I know. Not you.

On Deadpool 3: they need to try and stop the leaks to keep at least some things exciting. 

Were you ever on that one Scream fan board or forum? There was one I was on, but I cannot REMEMBER for the life of me what it was called or anything.

No, I got AROUND. Had an alias back then when I was a Star Wars stan...but Disney ruined it.

Omg...I joined these groups when The Dark Knight came out, but I was lurking since Revenge Of The Sith. Kinda gaggy! I got...SENIORITY on y'all bitches.

I hope you are doing well, Scream bestie. ❤️

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Thinking of your Mojo era reminds me of Naya Rivera :whosad:

May she rest in peace. ❤️

No, I am kinda mad. I had a Rita Ora phase, but I'm like so far past her now...

I'm in my TWICE era now. Like, REAL music. REAL artists. REAL women. REAL pussy. They just give.

BLACKPINK WISHES!!!

9 hours ago, Eric Reyes said:

Moderation

Yeah, we're uh...we're not doing this "Latinos shouldn't star in movies" thing here. Especially over a movie that, frankly, WB left to die. End it here.

Oh, wow. You were GAGGING it tonight, clocking these bitches left and right, I love it. ❤️

That's very KING-like behavior. Like, wow...

If BB has a 104M budget as the director tweeted about, and considering how little WB seemed to have spent on its marketing, I wonder how much it needs to make to be considered ok, 200M WW? Not that’s it’s even getting to that, numbers are mostly lousy sadly.

It did open as first in Brazil though, the power of Bruna I guess. If it does decently here it’s going to be all because of her. Watch her getting cast in a MCU movie soon…

15 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

If BB has a 104M budget as the director tweeted about, and considering how little WB seemed to have spent on its marketing, I wonder how much it needs to make to be considered ok, 200M WW? Not that’s it’s even getting to that, numbers are mostly lousy sadly.

It did open as first in Brazil though, the power of Bruna I guess. If it does decently here it’s going to be all because of her. Watch her getting cast in a MCU movie soon…

This probably could’ve made $450M in 2018. It’s wild how much the appetite for cbm has declined. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

Hope we don't regress back to only Batman and Spiderman CBMs. Those were dark times. 

I don't know. I think we could do with a period where other genres get to have more space. The comic book movie genre is utterly played out at this point. Batman, Spider-man, Superman and the X Men will always likely do good business, but I can't say I'm too unhappy with the idea of the rest of it dying off. Time for something different to dominate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Same reason as to why Dungeons and Dragons bombed: brand stigma. The Turtles are just too quirky and nerdy for the general audience to ever be interested. Granted, during the early Nickelodeon years the brand was really close to being mainstream again... and then Michael Bay came in like a wrecking ball and destroyed the brand, driving the casuals away while only the diehard fans remain. I don't think it ever recovered, seeing as the last TV series lasted a mere 2 seasons and how this new movie is performing.

What the hell are you talking about the Bay movie did nearly 500M globally because of the live action novelty and the Bay connection.

• Like 6

Just get off overarching cinematic universes. Marvel was doing that well and even it is facing issues. Let MCU stick to that.

DC should make their stories standalone and live the heroes within their pocket universes. Also wouldn't mind spinoffs within those  pocket universes .

Something more a kin to raimi SP trilogy, dark knight trilogy etc....

If you want big  celestials entities just do that in a GL movie or trilogy for an overarching narrative.

standalone  or internalized pocket universe for each major  hero would be the way to go IMO.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Just get off overarching cinematic universes. Marvel was doing that well and even it is facing issues. Let MCU stick to that.

DC should make their stories standalone and live the heroes within their pocket universes. Also wouldn't mind spinoffs within those  pocket universes .

Something more a kin to raimi SP trilogy, dark knight trilogy etc....

If you want big  celestials entities just do that in a GL movie or trilogy for an overarching narrative.

standalone  or internalized pocket universe for each major  hero would be the way to go IMO.

Warner Bros destroyed the DC brand at the cinema by chasing the MCU shared universe. If they'd just stuck to the template laid down by The Dark Knight trilogy (individual trilogies set in their own universes) they would have had far, far more success.

• Like 5

Some wildly low predictions for Aquaman 2 and the Marvels in here, considering that they're both sequels to billion-dollar movies.

You guys really want to see Alice 2 happening again, don't you?

I can totally buy Aquaman 2 having a harder time, not only because it is the last movie of a dying universe, but mostly because it's made 310M out of its 1.15B gross from China and Russia, and we all know how that is going nowadays, but 300M WW predictions, really? And similar predictions for The Marvels, really? I just don't see it at all, but I'm really curious to see how they do now.