grim22

It’s Me. Hi. I’m The Eras Tour Weekend Thread | 39M Friday

17 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Is there any song of her that is universally big outside her fans? Have seen many Justin Beiber and couple of Ed Sheeran songs that are quite widely famous in India, never really saw any her song play.

I have no idea how well it's known in India of course but Blank Space is probably her biggest overall song.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Is there any song of her that is universally big outside her fans? Have seen many Justin Beiber and couple of Ed Sheeran songs that are quite widely famous in India, never really saw any her song play.

I heard Bad Blood and Look What You Made Me Do a lot when traveling in SE Asia

3 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

NEW RELEASES

TAYLOR SWIFT: THE ERAS TOUR (2023)A+

it better not have been released in over 4k theaters; there's no way I can afford tens of millions of tickets 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Love Story, Blank Space, Shake it Off, and Anti Hero

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Love story and You Belong With Me are extremely popular in India. And Blank space use to chart on Indian Spotify charts for long time.

Right now, Cruel summer and Lover are viral on reels in India

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

For now it’s probably Blank Space, but Cruel Summer is well on its way to being her biggest radio and streaming hit ever and give it another year or so and it’s prob her signature song. Especially since it’s likely to see a surge every subsequent summer after this for quite some time. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Deadline

FRIDAY NIGHT PM: Sources said predicting Taylor Swift: Eras Tour would be a roller coaster ride, and well, here it is: Friday looks to be settling at $39M, which is the second biggest opening day of October, right behind The Joker‘s $39.3M back in 2019.

Other interesting tidbits we’ve heard throughout day:

–In regards to the top 100 theaters by presales for the movie today, 98 of those belonged to AMC; a feat rival studio distribution bosses have never seen before.

–One boutique chain exhibitor griped to us that on a mega weekend such as this, they’re typically ahead; however, with Eras Tour, they’re under-indexing. That’s because when AMC announced their distributed movie, they got out in front, hence conception for moviegoers is that the only place to watch Eras Tour is at an AMC theater.

–While many are expecting Eras Tour to play evenly coast-to-coast (we’ll know more in the AM), still those large format, PLF, Imax and Dolby screens will overperform in the major markets

Other trivia, because it’s fun: Eras Tour‘s day one at the box office beats the entire domestic cume of such Swift starring movies as Cats ($27.1M) and Amsterdam ($14.9M).

I'm going to guess that Sacramento is just full of old people @Porthos