Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread 11/20-11/23 | #TUE - HGBOSS $6.5M, Trolls 3 $4.73M, Thanksgiving $1.59M, The Marvels $1.57M

32 minutes ago, jeffthehat said:

Great hold for BoSS. I think it'll have good legs. I wasn't expecting much after the reviews but I liked it a lot. 

Is it a great hold because of the film’s WOM or more because schools out and it’s the biggest blockbuster out currently?

Edited by Halberstram

57 minutes ago, Halberstram said:

Is it a great hold because of the film’s WOM or more because schools out and it’s the biggest blockbuster out currently?

Where are schools out?  Every school I've seen was in session Monday and Tuesday.  Holiday weekend starts tomorrow. 

1 (1) The Hunger Games: The Bal… Lionsgate $5,266,808 -52%   3,776 $1,395 $49,873,951 4
2 (2) Trolls Band Together Universal $3,270,410 -60%   3,870 $845 $34,442,935 4
3 (4) Thanksgiving Sony Pictures $1,200,609 -54%   3,204 $375 $11,506,881 4
4 (3) The Marvels Walt Disney $1,137,196 -61% -52% 4,030 $282 $66,082,591 11
5 (5) Five Nights at Freddy’s Universal $509,960 -51% -2% 2,829 $180 $133,180,235 25

3 hours ago, Halberstram said:

Some schools are out but I don't think that is the reason because Trolls drop more than HG: BOSS. Schools factor would have put animation drop lower than a 2 hours and half live action. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Movie nerd said:

Holly shit, Marvel/Cbm movies fans are just plain dumb and clueless, they can't grasp any sort of context or nuance. Just look at the comments and quotes of this tweet. 

Honestly they're not 100% wrong though, these historical epics with superhero sized budgets are all bombing bar Oppenheimer.

8 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Honestly they're not 100% wrong though, these historical epics with superhero sized budgets are all bombing bar Oppenheimer.

Killers of the Flower Moon and Napoleon are not bombing, or Air for Amazon, they are primarly streaming plays for Apple and Amazon, theatrical run is nothing more than bonus for them and net positive for theathers. 

It's completely diffrent situation than The Marvels or Indiana Jones. 

• Like 4

Streaming Deals this Black Friday

Hulu - 99 cents/month for a year - $2/month Disney Plus Add on (best) - this is a give away price - plan accordingly for Disney movies next year...

Peacock - $1.99/month for a year or $19.99/annual (I got this for the parade and Olympics b/c it's my cycle to Peacock year)

Max - $2.99/month for 6 months - I have not yet re-upped, but tempted

Paramount Plus ("worst" deal) - $1.99/month for just 3 months - I'm actually not picking this up, even though it's the year I cycle to Paramount and Peacock - I'm gonna wait for this to expire in 3 months and see if offers get better...

I haven't tracked Netflix or Amazon but I don't think either offers much - and AppleTV is offered for free for so many things (I think Black Friday it's 3 months with Target or Playstation, but that's not new)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1