JustWatching

Weekdays Thread 1/2 - 1/4

Strong Tuesday gor everything not named The Color Purple. Clearly many kids and teenagers still haven't gone back to school.

12 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Oh man Godzillas going to be very close to 100m worldwide. 

Yup. At 85.6 after today’s international update (which is still missing Brazil). Go Go Godzilla!

Anyone But You is a legs phenomenon. It really did everything right. Cast the stars of the moment (Euphoria, TGM). Released it as a date counter programming to family movies, serious dramas and action. Leggy holiday season. It's actually good and you root for the leads. Small budget so it's going to be very profitable. I guess they didn't have to spend much on marketing either cause Deux Moi and TMZ did 80% of it. :lol:

Well done!

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Anyone But You is a legs phenomenon. It really did everything right. Cast the stars of the moment (Euphoria, TGM). Released it as a date counter programming to family movies, serious dramas and action. Leggy holiday season. It's actually good and you root for the leads. Small budget so it's going to be very profitable. I guess they didn't have to spend much on marketing either cause Deux Moi and TMZ did 80% of it. :lol:

Well done!

Huh, I hadn't even been paying attention to that one at all. Yeah, doing well. The power of shirtless Glen Powell on the movie poster? Lol 

Anyone But You is just currently being carried by holiday legs. There are similar movies that came out during that time that made similar amounts. While I like Glen Powell and  think Sydney Sweeny is super hot (haven't actually seen her in anything), I don't think this means they are draws or anything

Edited by John Marston

Just now, John Marston said:

Anyone But You is just being carried by holiday legs. There are similar movies that came out during that time that made similar amounts. While I like Glen Powell or think Sydney Sweeny is super hot (haven't seen her in anything), I don't think this means they are draws or anything

I think the difference is romcoms have seemed very dead in recent years. But The Lost City also proved the right stars/concept can still make them viable post Covid. 

22 hours ago, M37 said:

Adults started to go back to work, schools/families not so much. Wed will be a better barometer of what the upcoming weekend and beyond holds will look like 

Who do you think is taking the kids to the movies if the adults are at work?

13 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Good day for the most part. I suppose this was the realistic scenario for Ferrari. But it does still kinda suck to see it too so low.

Oh well, a new Michael Mann film existing is enough for me.

Stanning for Ferrari only ever involves copious amounts of pain, hope and delusion. But Mark my words, 2024 is our year! 👀

23 minutes ago, dallas said:

The stay at home parents/schoolteacher moms and dads not back to work yet?

Apparently, Anyone But You is blowing up on TikTok.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The second coming of Minions 2. Not on the same scale of course, but still a decent boost.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dallas said:

I dunno man, who takes them in the summer weekdays when they’re out of school for months? 

20 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

If Madame Web is somehow not the embarrassing flop everyone and their mother expects it to be do we thank Sweeney Power for that? :lol:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Marston said:

Anyone But You is just currently being carried by holiday legs. There are similar movies that came out during that time that made similar amounts. While I like Glen Powell and  think Sydney Sweeny is super hot (haven't actually seen her in anything), I don't think this means they are draws or anything

It like a traditional romantic comedy which is something is missing a lot these days. 

• Like 1

- (1) Wonka Warner Bros. $3,155,000 -31% -61% 4,051 $779 $147,523,534 20
- (3) Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Warner Bros. $2,230,000 -37% -63% 3,787 $589 $87,505,070 13
- (4) Anyone But You Sony Pictures $2,150,000 -10% -18% 3,055 $704 $32,221,658 13
- (6) The Color Purple Warner Bros. $915,000 -37% -76% 3,203 $286 $49,039,897 10
- (-) Napoleon Sony Pictures $78,000 -11% -59% 750 $104 $60,841,185 43
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 2